no, thank you, and god bless you

The following day, Lip was out on parole hours, and I was able to find him washing off spray paint on city property.

"Hey, babe," I said, "Glad to see you're still in one piece."

"Don't worry. I know how to work with these guys," he said, "How's everything with you?"

"As good as it can be," I said, "Molly's mom showed up at the Milkovich's."

"She's alive?"

"Yeah, turns out Molly lied and just wanted to run away."

"Damn," Lip said, "Do you think she had a reason for it?"

"Don't know," I said, "Not my problem anyway."

"Yea, I suppose. Look, I'm happy to see you, but is there anything you wanna talk about? I have a curfew, and these dudes are no joke when it comes to that."

I shook my head.

 "I just wanted to see you and say hi. I'll see you again soon, though, yeah?"

"Of course," Lip said, "I love you."

"I love you too," I said, kissing him before I walked off.

_______________________________________________________

By the next day, Fi visited the rest of the kids, and we headed to the DCFS office. Frank passed his urine test and the paperwork was all set. I can't believe Frank was being such a douche and demanding Fiona respect him, even though his KIDS got pulled. HIS OWN BLOOD. 

"So, now we just wait for a hearing?" she said.

"You've done good, Fiona," Britney said, "You're a good sister, and those kids are lucky to have you."

We were about to leave when Fiona asked, "How did we show up on DCFS radar?"

"It was an anonymous phone call actually."

"Bet it was that bitch we turned away from daycare because her kid stunk," Fiona said, making me scoff.

"No," Britney said, "It was a man, actually."

"A man?" I said. 

"It's never a man, men don't give a shit," Fi said, "How is it fair that someone can make one call and completely ruin our lives, and they get to be anonymous?"

Britney paused, "I have to go to the restroom. I'd appreciate it if you didn't click on this file while I'm gone."

When Britney got up, Fiona slowly walked over and clicked on the file.

"Yes, hello, I would like to report a negligent situation. 2119 North Wallace. Gallagher."

My heart stopped. That was Frank's voice. I could recognize it anywhere.

"And what's the situation?"

"Six kids living in squalor. No parental supervision. When the father's there, he's drunk. He hits them. Not they don't deserve it, they're all criminals, delinquents, vile-

I was speechless, and so was Fiona. The fire in her eyes was so clear.

"Excuse me, sir, could you give me your name, please?"

"If it's alright, I would like to remain anonymous," Frank said.

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention."

"No, thank you, and god bless you."

Fiona and I looked at each other, in unbelievable anger and shock. This was low, even for Frank. Being a neglectful alcoholic was at least more normal, but calling the DCFS on your kids?!