i love your hazel eyes

I waited downstairs the next morning for Matt to come, but ten minutes later, I got a text saying, "Sorry, something came up. Wanna reschedule?"

I sighed and texted him back, "What happened?"

"I'll tell you later."

I shook my head and slammed my phone down on the counter. Whatever it was, I hope for his sake it was something important. I don't let people waste my time and get my hopes up.

That's when my phone rang, Incoming Call, Lip.

"Hey."

"Hey, um, can I come over?" Lip said, "Just wanted to say hi and talk to you for a bit."

"Uh, yea," I said, "My plans just got canceled so why not?"

"Ok, I'll be over."

Ten minutes later, he came over, and we went upstairs. 

"So, what plans did you have tonight?"

"Matt Turner was supposed to come over," I said, "He said something came up."

"What? You're dating one of Jason's baseball bros now?" he said in an accusatory tone.

I rolled my eyes, "We're not dating. Why do you care anyway?"

He shook his head, and I just laughed, "Wait, did you really think I was just going to wait around and hope one day you'd come back?"

"No, no I didn't-

"Good," I said, putting my hair up, "Because that's not happening."

He didn't say anything, so I changed the subject. 

"How's the adoption thing going anyway?"

"It's good," he said, "We found this couple. Their names are Jeff and Alana. They seem nice enough, but at this point, Karen's just more concerned about how much money she's gonna get out of this."

"Of course," I said.

"And for the record," Lip said, "I don't expect you to wait for me. Just- don't date a douchebag, ok?"

"Takes one to know one, huh?" I said jokingly, and we both laughed as Lip tossed me a camera, "What's this for?"

"Just a video I want my kid to see when he grows up," Lip said, "A few pointers on life."

I raised my eyebrows, "OK."

So, I recorded the video for him, and he left soon after that. Something about picking up Steve's wife's boyfriend. 

______________________________________________________________

It was the night before Thanksgiving, and Matt informed me he and Tina got back together. So, that pretty much tossed any chance of anything happening between us in the shitter. Diana felt bad about it, but I assured her it wasn't her fault. I literally told her to set me up with someone.

I'd finished crying after an hour or so when I heard someone throwing a rock at my window. I opened it slowly, to reveal Lip looking up at me. 

"Hey, Mayo," he said, "Um, I know it's Thanksgiving tomorrow, but could I spend the night? I'll be out of your hair in the morning."

"What's in it for me?" I said.

"I'll make it up to you after Friday because Karen's getting a C-section then," he said.

"Friday?" I said, exasperated, "She's not due for another week!"

"Yea, well, she wants it out now, so."

I sighed before walking downstairs. I let him in and we went upstairs.

"Your eyes are red," he said, "Have you been crying?"

I nodded, "Yeah, but don't worry about it. It's nothing important."

"No, no," Lip said, "What happened?"

"Matt got back together with Tina today," I said, "But that's not the reason I'm crying. I just feel like maybe I'm cursed to spend an eternity alone, you know?"

I started tearing up again, causing Lip to touch my face and wipe my eyes.

"That's not true," he said, "That's not true."

I nodded, "Yes, it is."

I continued crying as Lip kissed my forehead. Slowly, I wiped my tears with my sleeve and shook myself off, "I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me lately."

I tried to laugh it off and smile, but Lip still looked concerned. I couldn't fool him.

"Um, I'm gonna go wash up. You can make yourself comfy." 

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I came back to find Lip under the covers with his shirt off.

"I take it you're not spending Thanksgiving with your family?"

"Fuck no," he said, getting under the covers with me, "Fi invited me, but I'm not going. What are you doing for tomorrow?"

"I'm actually going over to your house," I said, "My dad and Jenna are on the road right now. They're having dinner with Jenna's family, and Diana and Blake are with their dad for the break."

He nodded, "Gotcha. Don't bother saying hi for me."

"Look, Lip, it might be a good idea to show up. Fiona's trying to have a truce and have everything back to normal," I said, "But hey, that's just me. You do what you want."

I looked up at the ceiling and then looked at Lip, who was staring at me. He put his arm around me and moved me closer to him.

"I love your hazel eyes."

"Lip, what are you doing?"

"I don't know."

We looked at each other for a while before he slowly leaned in and kissed me. I knew I should've pulled away, but I didn't. We kissed slowly and passionately for a while. When he tried to put his hand under my shirt, I pushed back.

"We can't," I said, "Remember? You're gonna be a father soon."

"Yea, well, fuck that," he said before pressing his lips against mine...

I woke up the next morning, naked.

"Well, that certainly was a way to make it up to me," I smiled, rolling over and expecting Lip to be there, but he wasn't. I don't know why I expected him to be there, but it's always nice to wake up next to someone. 

Nevertheless, I wrapped my covers around my body and started crying. When was this going to end?