i thought you said it was mine

I walked in through the back and saw Kev holding a bald eagle, making me scream.

"Holy shit! Is that-"

"Yup," Kev said, "Who needs a turkey when we got this bad boy?"

"How'd you find one of those?!"

"I shot one," Carl said proudly, "First try."

"And your last try," Fi said, giving him a look.

"You're not eating that for Thanksgiving," Steve said.

"I agree with Steve."

"Actually, you can call me Jimmy from now on."

I raised an eyebrow, "Ok, then."

________________________________________________________

We spent the whole morning and afternoon setting up, and Jimmy and I ran to the grocery store to buy a turkey and some other stuff. Frank walked in with a buttload of medications and walked to the foot of the stairs.

"Here's your medication, Moni," he said.

"Mom's under the stairs?"

"How long has she been under there for?" Fiona said.

"There you go, sweetie," he said, handing it to her. Jesus, this was depressing to watch. It was even more depressing watching Fiona and Frank drag her out from under there. 

"I look a mess," Monica said, crying.

"No you don't," Frank said, "You look beautiful. Doesn't she look beautiful, kids?"

She didn't look good at all, but I nodded anyway. Telling the truth wasn't gonna be helpful. 

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Frank said, and we all said it back except for Monica.

Kev came in with the turkey, and we all cheered. It looked amazing, way better than a bald eagle or spam turkey.

Before we dug in, Frank led Grace.

"Dear Lord, thank you for this food that we are about to eat. Thank you for bringing my Monica back to me. And please make my brother Clayton burn in hell for all eternity when the time comes. Amen."

I still found it weird that Clayton was Ian's father, and no one ever talked about it again. Like they just ceased contact with him.

"AMEN!"

As Monica got up, Debbie said, "Hey, Fiona, is Lip coming?"

I sighed, knowing Lip was god knows where. 

"Want me to call him?" Jimmy said.

"He knows what time we're eating," Fiona said coldly. 

"I tried to talk to him. He wouldn't budge," I said.

We passed around the potatoes and stuffing when Debbie answered the door for her homeless friend, Conrad. As we conversed for a little longer, we heard something drop in the kitchen. Fiona went to get up, and we all followed her.

"Holy fuck," Kev said. 

I gasped, and my heart dropped. Monica was on the floor, bleeding from her wrists. 

"Give me a phone! Give me a phone!" Fiona said. I was still in shock, but I was able to give her mine. 

Jimmy tended to Monica as V brought Debbie and Carl upstairs. No kid should ever have to see that. I held onto Ian's hand tightly as Fiona dialed 911. 

"There's been an accident," Fiona said, "2119 North Wallace. She's bleeding badly. Yea, she's awake."

I started tearing up, absolutely petrified at what was going on right before my eyes. It didn't feel real. It just didn't.