what the hell is that?!

I walked Carl and Blake back from paintball. Carl got a black eye, but he was still wired and hyped. Kev and V got a foster kid, and we all wanted to meet her. 

"Paintball rocks!" Carl said as we walked in, "I had the best day of my life!"

Lip was putting his sweater back on, and Karen was straightening herself out. I rolled my eyes as I put two and two together.

"Did he wear a face guard?" Lip said to me.

"Nope!" Blake said. 

"Is that a new jacket, Mayo?" Karen said, looking at my leather jacket.

"Yea."

"Hm. It's a bit tacky, don't you think?" she said.

I laughed, considering Karen had the most basic bitch style ever, "Yea, you who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

"Nah, I dig the 1950s greaser style," Lip smiled at me, making me smile back. Karen scowled but didn't say anything. 

"Hey, hey!" Kev said, walking in, "I want you guys to meet our new daughter."

In walked a young girl, probably twelve or thirteen with a long winter coat and a shy expression.

"Foster daughter," V said coldly.

"Why do you gotta do that?" Kev said, clearly upset. 

"Hi, I'm Karen. Nice to meet you," Karen said, extending out her hand, but only gaining a curtsy, "Right because it's 18th-century England."

I rolled my eyes, "Hi, I'm Maelyn, but everyone calls me Mayo."

Debbie came running in through the front with Frank. She was hopped up on something, but my guess was sugar.

"Debs, what's going on?" Fiona said.

"We got high on sugar because Daddy quit drinking!" Debbie said.

"Whose daddy?"

"Me!" Frank said, "Mememe."

"Shit," Lip said.

"What?" I said.

"He's done this once before."

According to Frank, if he stayed sober for two weeks, he'd get three grand. Of course, there's a catch. Why quit for your family when you can get paid to do it?

"Hey, everybody. Come here. Gather around," Frank said, "I've got something I want to say. Um, I know I haven't been the most exemplary father for the past three or fifteen years. But now I'm gonna need your help to get through this. From this point forward, we're going to be a family again. What the hell is that?!"

He looked at the girl whose name was Ethel. While everyone tried to keep Frank distracted from alcohol, I biked home because I was supposed to hang out with Ian, Diana, and Mandy.

_____________________________________________________________

"When do you guys get your license?" Mandy said as we grabbed our McDonald's orders that Jenna got for us on her way home from work. 

"When I turn sixteen in May. She's gonna get hers before me, though," Diana said, looking at me, "I'm a shit driver."

"Don't say that," I said, "And yea, when I turn sixteen in August. That's why I try to minimize the time I drive. Can't get caught driving with my permit without my dad or Jenna. Could get in some serious shit."

I put on some music and Step it Up by Stereo MCs played. Ian hadn't really said much, and I noticed his vacant expression.

"What's up with you, Ian?" I said,  "You've been extra quiet today."

He shrugged.

"He slept with someone who isn't Kash," Mandy said, "And even better, he won't tell me who it is."

I raised an eyebrow, "Oh, really?"

"Sorry, Mandy," Ian shook his head, "Mayo, can I have some of your coke?"

"Go nuts," I said, handing him the cup.

"How are things with you and Lip?" Mandy said, popping a fry in her mouth. 

"Oh, yes, please tell," Diana said. The girls looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wouldn't know," I said, "Told him to let me know when he stops going balls deep inside of Karen, despite me ending things with Cory."

"He's a fucking pussy," Diana said, munching on a fry.

"Yea. He may be my brother, but that doesn't mean you should settle," Ian said.

I nodded, "I think I'm just gonna work on myself. Who needs a boyfriend anyway? Certainly not me."

"Amen," Mandy said, "What are men good for you? Dog shit."

"Wow, nice," Ian said.

Us girls laughed, "It's ok, Ian. You're the only exception."

I took another bite out of my burger and wiped my mouth, "Do you guys think I'm too mean to Karen? And also, does this leather jacket look tacky?"

"No, I like it. It looks sexy," Mandy said, "If she said something about it, I'll fucking clock her."

I laughed, "Don't worry. It's not worth it."

"You're not too mean to her. She's a bitch," Diana said, "Plus, I heard she's been hanging out with Jason. He's probably doing it to get back at me or something because he doesn't even like her. We'd always make fun of her, in fact. "

"Yikes," Ian said.

"I really messed up, guys," Diana said, "I need to find a way to win him back, but I don't know how."

"Just talk to him?" Ian suggested.

"Every time I do he just pretends I don't exist."

"Be persistent about it then," Mandy said, "Show him how much you care. You're Diana fucking Pearson. One of the fiercest girls I know."

Diana smiled and kissed Mandy on the head. 

"I need to hang out with you guys more," Diana said, "Getting fucking tired of the cheerleaders."

"Yea, screw them!" I said, "We're the cool kids, right?"

Everyone looked at me, and we all just laughed. Fuck, I loved these people.