an old lady on the train?

As I got out of history, I ran into Mandy. She recently got new highlights that looked super cute. 

"Hey girl," she said.

"Hey,"  I said, "What's good?"

"Oh, nothing much," she said, "Had to walk in through the back to avoid Nate Tompkins."

I chuckled, "Why? Did you fuck him?"

"Nah, just a blow job," she said, "But I know he wants to, and once a guy goes soft in your mouth, there's no going back from that."

I covered my mouth upon gaining that information and laughed. 

"Your friend, Ian," she said, "He seeing anybody?"

I froze, trying to come up with an answer, "I mean, no. But I don't think he's looking for anything with anyone right now."

"Really? I don't know. He keeps sending me mixed signals."

"Huh?"

"You know, like the occasional smile or smirk in class."

She meant his nervous smile that he does all the time. 

No one except for me knew that Ian was gay. Not even Lip or Fiona. I didn't know why he didn't tell them because it's not like they'd judge him for it. 

_______________________________________________________________

The pharmacy was quiet that day, so my manager told me to clock out and go home. I grabbed the dental floss and headed to the Gallaghers.

I walked in and didn't see anyone, so I went upstairs into the boys' room.

"Lip?"

"Yo!" I heard him say as I walked up the stairs. 

"Here's the dental floss," I said, throwing him the pack as he laid in his bed, "How was tutoring?"

"It was good," he said, smiling, "Yea, it was... good."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Oh, nothing," he said.

I walked closer to him and looked into his light blue eyes. That's one of my tricks for getting people to tell the truth. I stared at him until he cracked. 

"Alright, alright!" he said, "I was explaining the laws of motion to her, and then she gave me a hummer under the table."

I cringed, "Ew, Lip! You seriously let that skank blow you?!"

"Her mom was in the other room cooking," he said, "Didn't suspect a thing."

"It's Sheila. She never suspects shit from her daughter," I said.

Sheila was always sweet, but she was a whackjob. Her husband, Eddie, was a cop and a massive dickhead. No wonder Karen was so fucked up. 

"Not complaining, though," he said, "It was a nice blow job."

I groaned and walked out, "Goodbye, Lip."

"Oh, come on, Mayo. Don't be like that."

"Yeah, whatever," I said, "Have fun getting herpes."

I was upset, especially since he knew I wasn't thrilled about him tutoring her in the first place, but the fact that he just let her blow him and didn't tell her to stop made me angry. 

I toned out dinner that night. Diana and my Dad were talking about themselves, and I couldn't care less. I didn't give a fuck about Diana's stupid baseball boyfriend or my dad's boring job.