xiii | hook up?

CHAPTER 13 — hook up?
S1:E4 "The Last Picture Show"

drive-in

ARIA WAS TOO numb to have a tear stained face as she entered the drive-in with her roaring motorbike, which she had to get used to soon otherwise she'd get into an accident. Her mind was racing and so was her heart, she had no idea why she yelled at Archie. Why she felt such a strong hatred towards Grundy, towards the whole situation. Except the obvious fact of Archie being her brother, there was something more and the fact she unable to pinpoint that feeling got her even more riled up.

After carelessly parking her motorbike in the parking lot at the far back with the other bikes, she merely gave a nod as a greeting to those Serpents who spotted her swift figure. She might not understand her feelings, but she knew why she was here. Who she was here for. Her boys. Both the solemn souls were in the room with the projector and without wasting a breath, she made her way through to the room.

Opening the door, she saw her two best friends, "Hey there." Their head turned back as their hair flopped at the speed, "I don't want to sound cocky but, did you miss me?" Her signature smirk was enough to melt the boys, even though they had their grudges to hold onto, the three were each other's weaknesses. Family was a weakness for the three, and loner's club was the reason they didn't believe in the fact that family had to be blood related.

"Well, of course, we missed you. You know what, I think I'm coming down with something—some disease..." Jughead actually looked concerned for a second but Aria knew it was just another one of Leo's playful acts. "With the main symptom being the lack of presence of Aria Andrews!" Leo exclaimed with a teasing smile which calmed Jughead's nerves as he relaxed but tended Aria's,

Aria sighed, "Guilty. I know. I owe an explanation to both of you, about all of it. But Jug—"

The beanie boy interrupted her before she could finish her sentence, "Tsk-tsk. No buts, alright? I know you'll say that my mood is already ruined because of the drive-in closing in and you don't want to ruin it more so your explanation can wait but I say otherwise. You are gonna talk and you are gonna talk now."

Aria raised her eyebrows at Jughead's stern words as she quietly muttered, "I just wanted to ask why Rebel Without A Cause is playing and not American Graffiti."

The two stared at each other before she continued, "But yeah, that was also a thought. The whole thing you rambled about." Her voice faded into mummers to herself which she rarely did. Her current actions already made it clear to the boys that something had happened which made her usual confident self disappear.

"Um, I don't know where to start." Aria gazed at the ground with her eyes shifting from one object to another frantically,

"How about with the Serpents?" Leo suggested as he thought only he was aware of Aria being acquainted with the South Side.

"I already know." Jughead confirmed, looking confusedly at Leo thinking that only he knew about Aria and the Serpents.

"Okay, there's a lot of miscommunication here." Aria cleared her throat before continuing her big speech of confessions,

"I am closely acquainted with the Serpents, particularly Sweet Pea, Joaquin, Toni and Fangs. Others are just plain rude. I also met FP in the South Side once, he took me to his trailer, asked me about stuff, found out that I had done drugs, gotten it from the south side as well. Although Joaquin or Sweet Pea or any of my friends from the South don't know about this. I supplied from Tall Boy, another fat-ass bitch."