viii | escape

CHAPTER EIGHT — escape
S1:E3 "Body Double"

South Side

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP for 2 minutes and you couldn't even do that." Aria scolded the tall figure in front of her before sliding her phone into her pocket, "What, you don't want your boyfriends to know that you're with thugs?" He tried to joke but it came off as blunt.

"Hey, you guys aren't thugs. People just seem to think that by looking at your exterior. And me as a person whose seen the interior as well, will disagree with you being called a thug. In fact, I'd think of us as a good book being judged because of a misunderstood cover." She said, getting on Sweet Pea's bike.

As her back was facing the others, she couldn't see the similar smirks being shared by the few serpents. Even the ones who had first disagreed at a north-sider helping them. But as Sweet Pea had promised, she had proven herself. She was one of them. "Thank for helping us last moment, by the way." Toni walked towards her and stood by her side.

"I don't even know why I called you in the first place, but I'm glad I did." Aria smirked at her, "Anytime, girl. You're lucky I can chase people and beat the shit out of them. One of my specialties, actually."

"We figured." Fangs commented, matching her smirk. "Needed to get some aggression out anyways. So, hey! It looks like this whole situation worked out for the both of us." "Thank you, again, Cherry." The jet-black haired boy gave her shoulder a squeeze and walked away with Toni following him, "Bye-bye, Vamp and Tiny Tony."

"We had an agreement!" Toni gasped at the redhead's betrayal, "Well, I disagree with that agreement." "Fine. Goodbye, Angry bird."

"Ha! You think I don't like that? Well, sucks for you, I love when people give me nicknames!" She yelled out to Toni who walked away while showing her the middle finger. Aria's attention went to the only serpent left, who was staring at her with an expression she couldn't pin down. "Something on your mind?"

"Why'd you help us?" Sweet Pea asked lowly, as he walked towards her.

"Same reason you helped me." She smiled at him, as the memory of the day she got hit on, literally, by some serpents. "And also, because you guys have been there for me. So, I wanted to return the help. I won't turn you guys down the one time you ask for my help, now would I?" Her smile was soft and the expression on his face was something he had never showed openly.

She could see the generosity in his smile, "I'm glad you came to help us. Even though, I wasn't a big fan of you coming here again and again."

"What, got bored of me so quickly? What the hell, Sweets, I thought we liked each other!" She punched his shoulder playfully, to which he laughed genuinely, "No, it's not that." He looked down, trying to hide the small smile forming on his face.

"Are you blushing, right now, Sweet Pea?" Aria asked with a wide smile, as she tried to get his face upto her level. It was out of character for him to be flustered, he couldn't believe what he was feeling. Did Aria have that big of an effect on him this fast?

"Hey, come on! Look at me!" She finally got a hold of his face, and made him look at her. "Hi." She whispered, which caused butterflies in his stomach. And boy, was he unfamiliar with this feeling.

"Hi." He replied back, shakily. He had never felt this vulnerable with anyone, but what surprised him was that, he didn't mind being vulnerable with her. Not did it surprise him but also scare him, on how he could so comfortable with a person he's just known for weeks.

They both laughed quietly, staring at each other. "I just didn't want you to get hurt or get in trouble because of me." Aria blinked in surprise, not expecting him to answer her previous question. Mostly because she forgot about it after getting his face in her hands.