vi | false veracity

CHAPTER SIX — false veracity
S1:E2 "Touch of Evil"

Andrews's House

"WHERE'D YOU SNEAK OFF TO LAST NIGHT?"

"You, uh, you heard that?" The redhead asked his father while getting some cereal,

"Son, I've been hearing you sneak out since you were eight years old going to Jughead's tree house. And your sister sneak in the mornings from the Cooper's almost every other night ever since she has known them."

Archie nodded, brushing off the fact that Aria stays nights at the Cooper Household with Leo as he's not fond of the lad himself. "I couldn't sleep. Went on a jog to tire myself out."

"Yeah? Got something on your mind?" Fred asked, sipping his coffee.

Archie sighed, knowing his answer is gonna be a lie, "Just all this stuff with Jason." He answered, getting a hum from his dad. "No more midnight runs until the police catch whoever it was that shot the poor kid. I swear to god, this town."

"Speaking of which, have you heard from your sister?" As if on cue, Aria's hurried footsteps were heard from the staircase. She huffed in exhaustion and flashed a wide grinning smile to her family, Archie saw. He noticed how she switched it.

"Hey, where were you last night?" Fred questioned his daughter, already knowing her answer. "I was next door. With Leo." She shrugged as if it weren't a big deal, grabbing a cup of coffee which her dad offered "Thank you."

"You were with Leo the whole night?" Archie interrupted their conversation, and asked accusatively. "Yes. Not my first time staying there. Why so uptight?" She asked nonchalantly, but with also a bit of curiosity.

"Because Jason Blossom's killer is still on loose, Aria. You can't just disappear like that anymore, you need to inform at least one of us. Even Archie didn't know where you were, why?" Her father asked her with concern, which she felt guilty seeing. She didn't want them worried but she knew she was giving them tons of reason to get worried.

Aria showed them her broken phone which was barely working, with the screen slightly black and fragments of it coming out. "A car ran over my phone." Before the males could interject, she held her hand up saying, "Don't ask, please."

"When did you come back?" "Today, early morning." She lied, again. Knowing if she told him where she really was and who she was with, she would never hear the end of it. From both the Andrews.

"Let's go?" "You didn't even have—" she stuffed a pancake in her mouth and told Archie to follow her, "Thanks, dad. Love you."

"And you tell me to stop lying?" First thing Archie said as soon as they reached outside,

"I prefer not to talk at this moment." She replied with a stuffed mouth, pointing in front of them at the blonde waiting for her brother.

He didn't notice what she was indicating, "Why? Why, because you can't come up with more lies anymore?" Wrong. She could lie all her life, it's a bad coping mechanism which she has mastered.

"Betty! Hey, Mama Cooper let you guys free early today?" Aria enthusiastically made conversation, after seeing Betty's questionable look towards her.