iii | bothered

CHAPTER THREE — bothered
S1:E1 "The River's Edge"

Gymnasium

"OH, HELL TO THE NO." There's the Andrews Girl, walking in the school dance hall with Jughead and Leo on either of her sides, "I thought you said it would be a distraction from Jason." Leo muttered looking at the banners of Jason Blossom hanging from the ceiling.

"After Cheryl's speech, I don't think anything is gonna be 'Jason-free' for a few days." Jughead humours them with a blank face, he looks at Aria whose dressed beautifully in her short dark green dress, stares at her longer than he was suppose to but snaps out of it when he hears Leo ask her what he was gonna ask, "May I have this dance, love?"

Aria smiles fondly and takes his hand, while Jughead's thoughts are going haywire. It's always him. He always beats me to it. And she always says yes. He was yet again snapped out of his thoughts after seeing her do the opposite of what he had thought.

She took his hand and twirled him so he's facing the drinks area, "The new girl's probably more your type, go shoot your shot, Romeo." She shoved him ahead, towards her "I knew there was a reason I liked you." Liked you. He was the one who just liked her, not the one in love with her.

Jughead's eyes twinkled with surprise, confusion and some hidden happiness which Aria caught on. "I always have my first dance with you, Jug. So," She bowed down and offered her hand, "May I have this dance?" Anyone who didn't know them would think they were in love, at least that's what their eyes indicated. But none of the two saw that.

He couldn't stop the grin which was conquering his face, he took her hand and pulled her to the dance floor so quickly and so close that their chests were touching, there was no space in between them. "What, your confidence boosted because I chose you over him?" Aria did not even hesitate to ask with a wide smirk on her face which they shared.

"Possibly." Jughead whispered, his voice going low and deep that it would've gotten her smitten. If she reciprocated his feelings. "You look gorgeous tonight." She didn't notice he was trying to be serious, and acted offended "Just tonight? Damn, Jones, you hurt my feelings."

What she didn't understand just yet was it wasn't her getting her feelings hurt. "Oh, I'm sorry, your majesty. I didn't mean to offend you. You look the same everyday, absolutely stunning." He understood she won't get serious, so he played along with her drama, but she didn't notice the difference.

"You like her." The raven haired girl said to the blonde boy in front of her, dancing with her. She wouldn't say she wasn't even a little bit affected by it. "Who?" Leo asked her with a frown, "The girl you've been staring at. The redhead, I'm assuming she's Cheryl's sister?"

"Wrong, it's actually your football jock, Archie Andrews' sister. Aria." Veronica was amused to hear that Archie had a sister and she wasn't known about it until now. "And you don't like her?"

"It's her brother that hates me. And no, I don't like her." He answered calmly, "You lie perfectly. But apparently not to me. Tell me more, about Aria Andrews." Veronica emphasised on the redhead's name, curious to know more about the girl who smirked at her at Pop's.

"Damn, you really do love gossip. And I got that from fifteen minutes of knowing you." He chuckled as she smacked his chest, "I also got to know about how you can pick any girl and expect them to obey you." She backfired with a smirk, "Well, I got you, did I?" She gave him a glare,

"And, please don't compare me to the Clayton's. They're the one with the obeying and daddy kink shit." Leo rolled his eyes at the bare thought of them, "Clayton's, huh? What are they, brothers?"