xii | illegal section

CHAPTER 12 — illegal section
S1:E4 "The Last Picture Show"

Grundy's Music Room

LEO ADJUSTED THE camera from the window peeking into the music room, where Aria had her hands resting behind her back, secretly opening up the blinds for a second before leaving them after she got it to stay open.

"Um, here and there. I was mostly on the road." Geraldine Grundy answered her fellow student who interviewed her. Her eyes glancing towards the redhead as she spoke, who was leaning against a table filled with musical instruments. Aria offered a smile which disappeared as soon as the teacher looks away.

Aria stretched her neck, looking around to glance back at the male cooper from outside the room, who gave her a nod. She gripped on his phone from which the interview was being recorded by audio,

"But you taught other schools, I'm assuming?" Betty asked with a light chuckle, to which Grundy replied with a nervous chuckle,

"Oh, yeah, of course."

The two exchanged nervous laughters and sighs, the redhead being too focused on taking something which would come in need later on, didn't notice the latter looking at her. "Oh, yeah, silly Betty with the silly questions." Aria let out a fake laugh to cover up, getting a slight frown from Betty and am uneasy smile from Grundy.

Betty's eyes widened at her, internally screaming at her to focus, "Say, Ms.Grundy, what schools did you teach earlier?" The elder chuckled again, making Aria's head ache and fill with suspicion but she kept a small smile on her face.

Grundy hesitated before answering, "Seaside High, Centreville High."

The female Cooper looked up noting down the names, "What made you leave?" Betty questioned, trying to sound as genuinely curious as possible.

"They were temporary placements. Filling in for maternity, sabbatical, things like that. This is my first permanent position." Aria could be thinking too much, but they way Grundy answered Betty, felt like it wasn't her first time being asked that question.

Maybe it was the redhead's paranoia or protectiveness, but it was something about Grundy which was giving her an off feeling. She thought about how if it wasn't Grundy who was the problem, maybe she had no choice but to leave. Aria's brain was overflowing with likely possibilities, and the fact she wasn't able to pinpoint on one thought drove her crazy.

"..you're doing an independent study, with Archie Andrews. Have you ever done this sort of thing before?" Betty's quick change of topic received an unnecessarily quick answer,

"Yes. Last year. With Tomoko Yoshido." The blonde girl nodded at the information,

"And Jason Blossom." The three words left both Betty and Aria with raised eyebrows.

Redhead after redhead. Aria subconsciously shook her head at the thought as she stared at Grundy with a scrunched up face filled with disgust. "Jason? Before.." Grundy shook her head at Betty, "Such a tragedy. Jason...he was an inspiration."

"And incredibly hot, right?" Betty and Grundy's head turned towards Aria's mocking face, "I bet anyone would've gotten with him, if they had an opportunity. You know, one on one?"