ii | love & burgers

CHAPTER 2 — love & burgers
S1:E1 "The River's Edge"

Andrews's House

"IT'S THE first day of school, and we're already late—Aria, get your lazy ass up!" Archie hurriedly said while jogging down the staircase, to the kitchen. To his surprise, Aria was already in the kitchen with their dad, "You're awake?"

"And that's surprising, why?" She raised an eyebrow at him, knowing he won't say anything in front of Fred. "No reason." He muttered, she scoffed under her breath, always the golden boy.

"Archie, are you gonna stop by the site later?" Fred asked his son who was zipping up is bag, he looked up "Dad, it's my first day. And I've got football tryouts later. Is that not okay?" He asked seeing the look in Fred's face, but he smiled lightly and said "No, it's okay. Have fun on your first day. Both of you." He pointed at the siblings, the small smile never leaving his face.

"Why do I need to go to school to have fun? I can just spend my day with you." Aria gave her dad a sickening sweet smile, "Ha ha, how sweet, Ari. You're still going to school, though." He appreciated her effort but patted her shoulder encouragingly in the end with a sweet smile of his own. Wonder where she got that from.

"Ugh, okay. Bye, dad." She reluctantly got up from the chair as she dragged herself to the front door, "Bye, darling. Love you."

"Love you too." She muttered as she already had reached outside. Suddenly, a specific jones entered her mind, she thought about where he had disappeared. She hoped she finds him in school today, because if she doesn't, there will soon be a search party who will.

Aria walked to their neighbours house, knocking on the door, unknowingly saving the two Cooper's from dealing with their Mom's exaggerated speech about their first day. They both opened the door to see Aria and simultaneously breathed out in relief, "Thank god." Betty muttered, Aria knew what to do. She slowly entered their house and greeted Alice when her eyes found her, "Hey, Alice."

"Asharia. Lovely to see you this morning." Alice said monotonously, making it very obvious the smile on her face was fake, "You, too. I was just wondering if I could kidnap your children. Because as you already know, it's their first day. And you don't want to get late on your first day, Alice. You know it makes an impression. A bad impression, Alice. What will the teachers say?—" The older blonde cut Aria's speech, which had worked, it got to Alice "Yeah, yeah, okay. Go on, leave. Have a great first day! And make sure-"

"I will make sure everything and anything, Mrs.Cooper, don't you worry." She distracted Alice as she ushered the blond siblings to sneak out from behind her, "Oh, thank you so much for your care and love, Alice. I won't let your children die, goodbye!"

She shut the door and stepped out to get a breather, it's not as easy to distract Alice Cooper from her children as Aria makes it look. "You guys owe me big."

"Thank you so much, I swear to god if you didn't enter the house, she would not have let us go." Betty thanked her genuinely, smiling at her but then also shaking her head at their mother's actions.

"If it weren't for Asharia Andrew's brilliant distracting skills, we would have never gotten out Azkaban. All hail Asharia!—Wait, not that's a big name—All hail Aria!!" The blonde boy whooped jokingly while jumping in weird excitement, "Genuine question, Bets. He doesn't do drugs, right?" Aria whispered to the blonde girl near her as they both stared at the now sprinting Elias, "Out of all people, I think you should know that." Betty gives her a look 'is he serious right now?' after he falls trips onto a garbage can.