x | make up

CHAPTER 10 — make up
S1:E4 "The Last Picture Show"

High school

"B&V FOR THE WIN." The redhead announced lowly as she joined the crowd in the school along with her blonde friend to see Chuck and his posse getting kicked out. The duo's presence got no response from the girls, which was expected yet the total cutting them off by not even looking at them was suspicious.

Betty nudged her black-haired friend and pulled her to the back of the crowd after Chuck disappeared outside the school, giving her brother a look to follow them. Leo looked at his best friend in confusion but followed nonetheless, with Aria following. "What's going on?"

"What's going on is that we found a book in the boy's locker. A book with girls' names written next to almost every jock and they were given points. Though that was incredibly nauseating to even think about, we saw somebody's name on it which surprised us." Veronica replied, almost sounding accusative and snarky.

Aria didn't know what was happening but she dreaded it already. Having heard that 'accusative' tone too many times in two days. "And we're giving you a chance" Betty showed the picture of that page in the book, "to explain yourselves." That picture had Leo and Aria's names on it.

Elias | Aria ( 7 )

"What the fuck?" The redhead whispered as utter disgust and shock went through her to see her name on the book. She looked at Leo in disbelief, hoping that he didn't do it. However, the look on his face said otherwise. "I did not write that." Leo felt scared and panicked, he told them not to put their names on it.

"How do they even know? And a seven? Really, Elias?" The number of questions running through Aria's mind was uncountable. This is the last thing she wanted today, her headache has surpassed a migraine now. "Look, I can explain."

"You better." Aria was furious, her red-coloured hair matched her emotions at that moment. "What is there to explain, Elias? How can you do such a thing to Aria?" Veronica was equally mad at Leo, though the other blonde was a mix of shock and anger. She was still processing the fact that her brother and childhood best friend slept together.

"Here me out, okay!" Leo completely faced the frowning redhead as he explained, "Remember when I was friends with those jocks?" Before he could continue, Veronica snapped "You were what?" "Let me finish! And I'm not talking to you right now, so shut up."

Aria nodded her head begrudgingly, signalling for him to continue, "Yeah, so, obviously those snitches ended up being the complete assholes that you told me they were. But at that moment, even I was an asshole to not believe you. I didn't sleep with you for that though, to earn points or brag about it to those jocks. It wasn't because of that. It just slipped from me because you know how I ramble and things just get out. I'm sorry, I had no idea that they actually would put it in the book, I told them not to, Aria. I did. I told them not to." His voice faded, as did his confidence when he saw her expression stay the same.

"This is so not the way I wanted anyone to find out about this." Aria muttered as she looked down and sighed, "I do not forgive you for this, but it was a mistake. You telling them. So, I'm willing to forget about it if you do." She gestured to the other two girls in the end, who nodded hesitantly.

"When did this happen, though, seriously?" Betty questioned, being curious to know about it but at the same time not wanting to know. "Uh—a long time ago, yeah." The redhead answered, sounding nervous for the first time in a while which Leo noticed and secretly grinned at.

"During summer. 4 weeks." Leo continued nonchalantly, to which Aria nodded with her lips pressed together tightly as she wanted to change the topic.

"Well, this was fun. And—uh—Betty told me what you did. Earlier today, before we got revenge ourselves." Veronica slightly smiled at Aria, "Thank you for that. The way you handled it was incredible, by the way. I just saw the video. Badass, Andrews."