i | confess

CHAPTER ONE confess
S1:E1 "The River's Edge"

Andrews's House

ACHIE WAS in his room getting ready to meet Betty, their best friend, as Aria entered his room with a loud bang. Archie shut his eyes sighing knowing it was her, "Please tell me you did not just kick the door." She, who was in karate attacking position after kicking the door, said quickly "Of course not, Arch. I know I'm crazy but I also know if I wanted to break the door, I'd break it."

"Oh, don't remind me." He looked back at her with a small smile, "You left me traumatised after you actually broke the front door and ran behind me with it. I have never ran that fast in my life." Aria's laugh was the only thing heard in their house, and by the way she cackles, surely even Betty and Kevin next door heard it.

Cooper's House

"Are you excited? Nervous?" The raven haired boy asked from her bed, looking at Betty getting ready. She spun back from her chair, replying with a wide smile on her face clearing stating she was very happy, "Both. I haven't seen them all summer."

"Who're you most excited to see? The redhead boy next door, whom you're definitely in love with, or the red-hot-shot that you're head over heels for?" Kevin asked sitting up with his chin resting on his hand, getting more interested "Wha- I am not head over heels for Aria! It's always been-"

"Her. Honestly, you talk about her more than you think, Betty. And we know that she's Bisexual. Why don't you give it a shot?" The boy encouraged her a bit, "No. No, Kev I don't want our friendship to be ruined."

"But you're ready to risk your friendship with Archie?" She didn't reply to that, in her thoughts about Kevin's words. "See, this is what I'm talking about Betty- You love her way too much to ruin your friendship with her. You just don't realise it right now but you will."

Betty doesn't reply to him, neither is she doing her makeup anymore. "What are you gonna do, are you gonna confess you're undying love for Aria to her, or will you confess to Archie about your crush?" She just pauses, sighs and states with a firm voice, "I'm gonna tell Archie."

Andrews's House

"What are older sisters for, Archibald?" The redhead from his bed, smiling cheekily at him. "Please, you're literally just 3 minutes older than me. Leave it alone." He gave her a look of disbelief, not understanding when she'll let go of that.

"Never." She got up from her rather comfortable position, and handed him another tight t-shirt "You know what else older sisters are for?" He rolled his eyes with an uninterested hum, officially giving up on her. "Getting you to dress up better. You're going to meet a girl, you've got muscles now. Show it off."

"I'm not going to meet a girl, it's Betty." He mocked her words, but took off his t-shirt to wear what she gave him. "So, what? Betty's an alien?"

"It's the Betty I shared baths with we were kids, the Betty that got soaked in tomato soup on you're birthday, the Betty-" she cut his words of with a smirk, "whose in love with you."

The boy's eyes widened at the assumption, and let out a scoff of disbelief which turned into a small laughing fit, "Betty? You mean, Elizabeth Cooper whose 24/7 giving you the eyes, brought you the guitar you always wanted, took you to your favourite concert for your the birthday—just the two of you. From which you both came back flustered as hell. That Betty Cooper is in love with me?" Archie asked with a raised eyebrow and his eyes filled with a sense of triumph, he was finally the one who made her speechless.