What Could Have Been Stays The Way It Is.

TW, HEAVY ANGST, SELF HARM. (ALMOST ATTEMPTED SUICIDE AS WELL) TW

your phone alarm was going off.

normally, Mitsuri would be the one to get it, but it seems she's still in a dead sleep after the pleasureful night for the both of you.

you would turn, moving your hand over her body and-

why was your hand touching a wall? your other hand moved over, and you were indeed touching a wall.

is was never there before.

your eyes opened slightly, before they shot open.

'what..? why am i in my old room?"

your phone was still going off, so you reached down and turned it off. you got off the bed with heavy breaths. 

you looked down at yourself.

your abs were gone.

your time ring was gone.

you felt sick.

'was it all a dream? did i have a long and detailed dream? was all of that fake?'

you looked at the time and date on your phone.

May 5th 2023.

6:30.

'this was the day i died. no no no... please god no..'

you tried to will a portal infront of you, but nothing appeared.

your heart sunk.

you ran downstairs to the bathroom, looking in the mirror.

"no..."

your hair was no longer sticking up like a sayian.

you punched a wall, flinching over the contact and holding your hand in pain.

tears stung your eyes.

"all of that... it was all a dream...all those friends..all that power...Mitsuri..all of it."

you fell to your knees, crying.

'i dont want to go back to living like this! i hate living the way i did before! DONT DO THIS TO ME!'

you stood up, looking at the mirror in despair and anger.

'why...why did you do this to me! why did you fool yourself into such a good dream?! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN BRAIN!?'

the light in your eyes seemingly faded a little.

'i had finally got what i wanted...and it was all stripped away..just like that.' 

you left the bathroom, closing the door behind you and sliding down it. you softly chuckled to yourself, lowering your head.

'what did i expect? it's not like life treated me kind anyway..why did i really believe that i would be graced with a life like that?'

you sighed to yourself, standing up and heading back upstairs to your room. you didn't have to worry about anyone seeing the little breakdown you had. your parents normally left the house for work before you wake up.

'better get ready for college...'

you opened your wardrobe, grabbing your clothes and putting them on slowly, still feeling depressed. you then went over and grabbed your lanyard. putting it on. you went back downstairs to the mirror.