Chapter 6 - I Made It

Start from the beginning

He moves toward my mom and gives her a quick pat on the arm.

"She survived, and is here" he said, "that is what we need to focus on. I never doubted her for a moment."

My mom nods and takes me to the bathroom, but I stop for a moment, look at my mom.

"it's him.. I am not here" I say, just as there is a knock at the door, "he can't know that I am back. I am not ready to see him, not after....."

I start to panic, and my mom wonders what I am talking about. Asmund excuses himself to get the door. While my mom calms and comforts me, and takes me to the bathroom.

"I can do it mom" I say, even though my eyes are still devoid of any emotion, or alertness, "I will be ok, you need to go to Asmund, he might need your help."

Somehow I manage to get in the bathtub, and relax even though everything I went through continues to flash in front of my eyes.

They told us during all of the training that we would eventually bury these, and become more stoic. More focused when it comes time to battle, but I don't see how. Maybe it just happens. I can't wait to curl up in my bed and sleep without these horrible visions.

My mom joins Asmund just as he opens the door to reveal Loki. He hasn't seen the sword yet, so with a quick and undetectable spell she vanishes it. She is not surprised to see him because he has been stopping by every night about this same time, since F/n left. But Kathalia is a little uneasy tonight especially since she knows that I am back.

"Oh, your highness, nice to see you, what can I help you with this evening?" Asmund asks.

"Asmund, hello," Loki says, "I just wanted to drop these baked good off for Kathalia. I know how she...oh, Lady Kathalia...how are you this evening?"

Loki hugs my mom, and presents her with the pastries.

"I just wanted to stop here and see how you are doing," Loki says, "is something of concern happening? I know that Asmund is your guard, but it is rare to see him in your residence and at this time of night..."

Asmund looks slightly embarrassed, and my mom clears her throat before speaking.

"No Loki, nothing is happening" my mom responds, "I was just needing Asmund's help with something..., moving somethings around and getting ready for when f/n returns."

How did F/n know he was about to knock? Her telepathy has strengthened quite a bit since was gone. How did he not sense her either?

"Oh, is it something I might be of assistance with?" Loki asks, "I can help however you need, i..., do you have information about when she will be returning?"

"Oh no, my prince everything is fine." Kathalia says, and looks to Asmund. "and no, I have no information as to when she will return."

"Lady Kathalia, I will be taking my leave of you." He says, "if you need anything, please let me know. Good night your highness"

He bows and leaves the room, and Loki nods. He moves into the living room a little more and my mom moves over to sit with him. She doesn't have a choice to but sit with him for a little bit. He's done this every night since I left, and will do it until I return. My mom suspects that it makes him feel closer to me. But tonight, she wants to sit with me, even if all I do is sleep all night, she just wants to be near me.

"I just wanted to bring you these pastries and make sure you are ok." He says, "I know you miss her, and I thought that maybe we could... talk about her."

Kathalia nods and smiles, and Loki begins to talk about me and him and all of the things we did when we were younger. She listens, because she knows that he needs to talk.

Mom!

Kathalia's eyes widen, and she quickly tries to figure out how to get out of this situation..

One moment dear, Loki is here.

I know... good night

My mom smiles and realizes how long it has been since she heard me say good night; how much she missed it.

"Loki," my mom begins, "she will be back with us soon. It's only been a few days, and it depends on her effort and ability to get through the tasks...you know how she can be, get something finished quickly and accurately, so she can move on to the next thing"

She stops when she sees how intently he is looking at her. She raises her eyebrows in question.

"How do you know so much of these tasks, or trainings?"

My mom sighs and closes her eyes. She reaches over and touches Loki's hand.

"Loki, I was one of the first females allowed to go through the training." She says, and wants to get back to me, "but that is something to talk about some other time."

Loki looks at her in shock, he was unaware of what she had gone through. My mom has decided that Loki has been here long enough, and she would really like to check on me.

"Loki" she says, "I am tired, it's much later than I thought, and I need to get some rest. I need to be ready to go get her the moment she completes her tasks. Thank you for stopping by and thank you for keeping such a good watch over me while she is gone."

She gets up and Loki does too, she ushers him to the door. He gives her a hug, and leaves our residence. He is lost in his thoughts as he heads to his chambers. My mom has managed to lock the door and places a protection spell. She hastens to my rooms and gently knocks so as not to startle me. She knows that I might be a little jumpy after what I have been through.

I do not respond so she carefully comes in to my room and finds me asleep on my bed already. She walks over to me, and pulls the covers up to my ears more. Leaning over to give me a quick kiss on my forehead.