꧁༺ 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓪 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮 ༻꧂

"...." speak

"...." think

"...." telepathy

" telepathy

Recap. 

"Athanasie and Rubia. What names."

"Ah," I began.

"Do you know what these names mean?"

"That's bad," Athy finished.

Athy clenched her fist and cocked her head. "Here I am innocent!" said her face.

Our names. The name of a king and a princess. "Athanasia" and "Rubia"

"To dare to give their own children that name. And one to a girl. Her limp would be torn apart if she survived the labor."

Something that even Claude the emperor couldn't recieve.Obelian's emperors were given names meaning eternity or immortality. Holy names were given to the princesses or generally second-born legitimate children. Or names that were led back to wealth and prosperity. 

However, this name was only given to the official first heir of the throne and the second born. That is why Claude, who was not the Empress child, was given such a name. So he could only usurp the throne if he killed his brother.

But he would never be granted the name of Emperor.

"So there's a big chance that Claude feels frustration with our names," Athy said.

"And you know, maybe kills us because of it."

Athy said nothing. "Why are you just sitting there, eat."Athy and I looked at the candy in front of us. With trembling hands we picked up the fork.

 "I sent for something that kids like," Claude began, looking at us with sparkling, icy eyes. Athy and I shivered. "If you don't like it, I guess I'll have to punish the chef."

"He's threatening us, this jerk!"

With that, Athy and I grabbed our forks and, trembling, took a piece of the tart.We put the cake in our mouths and for the first time since we met I smiled. all trough forced. 

"Yummi" me and Athy said at the same time.

With a quick sideways glance, I analyzed my sister's face. I knew that she would throw up the cake afterwards. But it wasn't really better for me. My stomach hurt and I could hardly swallow anything without throwing up.

"Hng, I miss Lily," Athy said.

"Me too Athy, me too."

"Urg can't this jerk just let us go?"

"What were you thinking getting into the devils lair, just for some GOLD! Look what a situation you've put us in!" I groaned-

"sniff. I'm so sorry Rubi!"

Claude was still looking down on us. not really difficult for our size. "Who taught you your manners?"

Silence. "Lily taught us," I said for the first time in this entire conversation. Claude's eyes seemed to widen for a brief moment. But why? No, I just imagined that. The Emperor tapped on the table with his fingers. 

"I see

"I see. Lilian York."

"Wait, how does he know her full name?"

"5 years ago she came before me and asked me to raise you both. So this lady must still be with you."

Athy and I fell silent. At least from the point of view of the emperor.

"Huh? Lily made something like this? For us. But why?""She also took charge of the ruby ​​palace," Claude said in a bored tone.

"Oh lily, we are so moved!" said Athy.

"How dare she." Claude's tone was icy and frightening again.

"The few people who survived after crossing my path were your mother and did wench."Shivering in silence, Athy and I ate our cake."As you sit there, are you two aware of who I am?"

I went into shock again. Next to me I heard a clink and realized that Athy had dropped her fork in shock.

"Oh, this isn't going well," Athy said, trembling.

"Don't take your eyes off him." I tried to explain to her. Athy knew exactly what I was getting at.

"Like I thought it was weird. Why did he bring us here? It was probaly on a whim. An opportunity given as a prize for drawing his attention.", Athy began.

"This is a test that will determine if it will let us live any longer...", silence filled the room and almost crushed me. "or to have us killed," I finished the train of thought.

Don't forget to vote!

Word count: 677