13. Changing the light

Start from the beginning

"You guys , are you together?" I asked still shocked from what I saw.

"Ye we are. Please don't tell Dante. Please." Ellena begged.

"Ellena, I can't keep a secret like this away from him. You tell him tonight at dinner. " I said.

They looked at each other. They both nodded in agreement.

"Ok we'll announce it tonight." Enzo said. "Dante's going to kill me"

"Enzo, don't worry. I'll make sure he doesn't." I chuckled.

Ellena chuckled at my response.

"So since when?" I asked

"Since the night of your and Dante's engagement party" Ellena said.

"That's so long ago, why not tell us?" I asked.

"We didn't want everyone to but in our situation. We wanted time to ourselves. " Ellena said.

"OK, anyways. We're going shopping. Do you want to come with us. Gabs and Luca are coming as well. " I asked them.

"Ye that would be great. " Ellena said.

Enzo's phone started to ring. He looked at it and started to head for the door.

"I'll be back now. Just going to speak to Dante, mafia business." He said before walking out.

"So, how is it going?" I asked Ellena.

"Great. He's amazing." She answered.

I can see she's in love by the way her eyes lit up while talking about him.

I started to feel a weird taste in my mouth. And a weird feeling in my stomach.

I ran to the bathroom while holding my hand over my mouth. Ellena quickly followed me.

I threw up in their toilet while Ellena held my hair back for me.

I kept throwing up for a couple of minutes until I felt better and the vomiting stopped.

"Maria, where did that come from?" Ellena asked me.

"I have no idea. I've been feeling nauseous for a week. But that's the first time I've actually thrown up." I said.

"Could you be pregnant?" Ellena asked.

"No. I won't be pregnant I've been taking the pill. Wait, I haven't had my period for a couple of months. " I said. I paused before saying "oh my god, I could actually be." I said.

"You need to take a test." Ellena said.

"How? I don't have one?" I said.

"Tell Dante now before going. You could go to the doctors tomorrow or this afternoon before going out." She said.

"Ye, but what if I'm not and it was all a fuss." I said.

"Better be safe than sorry." She said.

I walked out of the room and headed towards mine and Dante's room.

Could I be pregnant? I've been taking the pill. I know I've missed it a couple of times but that shouldn't make a difference? Should it?

I reached our room and paused before going in. Enzo came out.

"Oh hi Maria. Sorry didn't see you there." Enzo said.

"Oh its fine. Be down in the lobby in 5. We're meeting Gabs and Luca there. " I said.

I walked in the room. I saw Dante on the bed with his hands in his palms.

"Dante." I said softly.

"Yes, mi amor." He said.