43: Bad News Baby

Começar do início

"This is the one," I smiled immediately as I put it on.

"You're so decisive," Mom laughed. "I wish I could be like that. It looks gorgeous on you, but we still have to try on others. You might find one you like better."

"But I know I won't," I disputed, still smiling as I gazed at myself in the mirror.

Once I finally took off the yellow dress, Mom handed me a pink one I had picked out to try next. I slipped the dress over my shoulders. I liked the color, but there was something off.

"Like it?" Mom asked.

"Not really," I said.

"What about it?" She asked.

"Well, Scarlette said that flowy dresses make you look fat," I said honestly.

Addison POV:

I couldn't believe that they were already talking about what makes them look 'fat' at age eight and nine. Well, I didn't want to believe it. I could believe it. Especially with all the media out there these days. But I didn't want Clara to already be thinking about that, especially when she is perfectly healthy.

"Clara, you know you look perfect right? There's nothing wrong with dresses that flow," I argued.

"Well, then why would she say that then?" She asked.

"Well," I started, trying to collect my thoughts. "Sometimes girls say things that they hear from others that they assume to be true. Unfortunately, a lot of people put pressure on women to look a certain way, and that can make people say things that aren't true. Maybe Scarlette heard another person say that and then repeated it to you, just how you said it to me."

"Hmm," she said. "Yeah, I guess so."

And then, she completely moved on, as if nothing had ever been said. I wish the world could just forget sometimes. But after that, we had a wonderful day.

And she did go with the yellow after all (:

Amelia POV:

"Where the hell are we going," I asked Alex as she continued to drive me into a very expensive part of town.

Her black straight hair cascaded down her back, blending in perfectly with the dark blue sunset. When she eased on the breaks at the stop light, she turned her head to look back at me.

"If I told you than it wouldn't be a surprise," she smriked.

"Well, I'm on a budget," I laughed. "Neurosurgeons don't get paid nearly as much as you'd think. Well, maybe they do but I like to spoil my neices."

"You really think I'm taking you out and making you pay. What girls have you been with," she laughed smugly.

I smirked back, not saying a word. I hadn't ever been with a girl. That was my answer. None. But I would never say that to her.

"Just relax," she said.

"I could never relax when I'm sitting next to a girl like you," I smiled, as I felt my body heat up a bit at my confession.

"Oh, stop Melia. You don't have to do the nervous act. This is our third date."

"I know," I smiled.

Although I couldn't cut the crap. Because apparently the third date is where things happen. And one, I don't know if I want them to happen. And two, I have no idea in hell what to do if those things do happen.

After a few more minutes, we parked the car in a fairly full lot in front of a warm lighted brick building. The two of us got out of the car and walked up to the hostess stand.

"Two please," Alex said. "It's under Alex."

The hostess immediately walked the two of us through the dining room and into a small table in the back corner. We were right by the window, with flowers and a bottle of wine as the centerpiece for the table.

"Wow, this is great," I sighed.

"I love it here," she smiled. "One of my favorites."

I took a few moments to look around and flip through the menu. The items were arbitrarily priced, but all in all it seemed like incredibly good food.

"Hey, you don't seem like yourself today," Alex said. "What's up? You know you can tell me."

"I'm doing alright. I just have a few big surgeries coming up," I lied.

I have a lot of pressure on me right now. I'm seeing it through that everything with Addie and Mer keeps going according to plan, as well as with their now two daughters. And, on top of everything I have my first girlfriend. I've been with guys before, but after Ryan I just think I needed something different. And Alex was definitely different. Although, in some ways, not different at all. And that's what scares me.

"Anything I can do to take your mind off it," she smiled.

"Maybe," I smirked.

"Here," she said, uncorking the bottle of wine and pouring us both a glass.

"Al," I smiled knowingly. "You know I can't."

"Yea," she sighed. "I know but I think it'll help. A glass might relax you for a bit. We don't have to go crazy."

"It's not like that for me Alex," I sighed.

"I know. I know it's not. I just wish it was different for you," she said.

"Me too," I said, smiling sadly as I poured my remaining wine into her glass.

"Well, there's other things other than drugs that can make you feel better," she said.

"Oh yeah?" I played.

"Yea. You know, it happens to be right in front of you."

"We're still in a restaurant. Let's eat dinner first," I laughed.

"Okay," she smiled.

"Okay."

A/N: School started today, which is absolutely crazy! Updates will inevitably be a bit slower, but a promise to still try and write as much as I can. If I don't get one out one week, I'll try and do double the next. Love you all!

P.S.- I've decided after mapping out the plot line that I'm going to end this story at Chapter 50. I love this story so so much, and it's brought me so much joy writing it, but I believe I've dragged the plot long enough and it's not realistic for me to wright as much as I'd want to during school. I do plan on starting another story very soon, so let me know if you want a sneak peak!!