Chapter 16 - Where Is He

"That's a 3 hour drive." My mom said.

"I don't have a driving license; I won't be able to drive her." My mom said, I guess she never needed to drive because she could just teleport.

"Then why do you own a car?" Peter asked.

"Well I was going to give it to Raelyn for her birthday." My mom said.

"Okay, I'll take Rae then." Peter said.

My mom hesitated. "Okay."She said, smiling the fakest smile ever, but Peter seemed to believe her.

My mom gave me a tight hug and kissed my forehead before she left.

"Are we sleeping here?" Peter asked.

"There's no furniture." I stated.

"Hotel it is."

I went out to the car and I packed my bags in the trunk and put my computer bag and my purse in my backpack and stored it at my feet.

All of the sudden, Sylar Got in the car.

"Let's go Raelyn." He said starting the car.

"What the hell are you doing in my car?" I said, opening the door to get out.

He went to shut the door with his ability but I stopped him by grabbing the door handle.

"How did you do that?" He said.

"How do you know I'm Sylar when I'm shape shifted into Peter?" He mumbled to himself, but I heard him.

I wasn't going to tell him my ability.

"Where's Peter?" I asked when Sylar grabbed my arm.

"Let go of me!" I yelled, biting his arm.

I ran out of the car grabbing my backpack. I ran into the house to look for Peter.  I called his name until I heard the front door open.

I quickly crawled out the window and went onto the roof. I went to the front yard and I jumped off the roof onto the grass. I ran. I ran over the bridge and I kept running. I didn't know where I was going to go though. I stopped at the second bridge and sat underneath it.

I was completely out of breath and no one that I knew was in the country except for Peter, but I didn't know where he was.  I was worried, for all I know Peter could be dead.

I got up and ran to town. I walked into the little café Claire and I went to. I sat down in the corner booth. I didn't know where else to go. After about a half hour Sylar walked in. He casually walked over to my booth and sat down.

"Hey." He said, casually.

"What did you do to Peter?" I asked him.

"I am Peter." He said. I laughed.

"You'll never be Peter." I answered, I didn't even know how I meant that but it seemed like the right thing to say.

"Why are you trying to kill me?" I asked him.

 "I'm not trying to kill you, I am simply trying to take your ability and keep it for myself."

"And to do that you would need to kill me." I answered.

"I suppose I would probably have to kill you."

"Why are you trying to take my power if you don't even know what it is?" I asked him.

"I know what your ability is Rae." He said.

"Don't you dare call me Rae." I snapped, Peter was the only one to call me Rae and occasionally my mother.

"And you don't know what my ability is or you would have taken it by now." I said.

He grabbed my arm. "I can't read you. I don't know how you work." He said, furiously.

He let go of my arm.