Chapter 7 - Abilites

I texted Claire to see if she wanted to meet up, she agreed.

"Mom, I'm going to the Café with Claire. See you in a few hours." I left the house and walked to the Café.

I got to the café and Claire already had a booth.

"Hey, what's up?" She said.

"Well, a lot of stuff, but first I want you to tell me why we were hiding, why that Sylar guy is trying to kill me, what ability means." I said.

"Okay, but not here."

Claire and I walked a few blocks to her house. We went to her bedroom.

"Okay, I'll start off with abilities."

"There are people in this world with powers, they can fly, they can time travel, the can regenerate." Claire said.

"Like who?"

"Well, a lot of people, everyone who was in that room yesterday have abilities, Besides my dad Noah."

"What's yours?" I asked her.

"Regeneration, if I cut my skin somewhere it will heal, if I am stuck under water my lungs regenerate." She said.

"That's so cool!" I said, what was my power? It's similar to Peters.

"What's Peter's ability?"

"He's like a sponge, when he touches someone; he receives their power, if they have one."

Does that mean if I touched Claire I would get her power?

"Anyways, Sylar's ability is to know how things work, he cuts peoples foreheads open, looks at their brain and takes their ability for himself."

"That's horrible! He kills people to get their powers!"

"Not always, he took my power and I had to live through it." She said.

"But that's why we hid, you obviously have an ability that he wants'." She said.

I didn't tell Claire about Peter being my dad; I wasn't ready to talk about it.

"I'm going to head home, its movie night at my house, but can you show me your power?"

"Yeah, you can do it if you want. Here"

She handed me a knife she had in her room.

"Why do you have a knife in your room?"

"I was eating toast so I brought a knife to spread the butter." She answered.

"Okay, so do I just jab it or do I like drag it across?"

"Whatever." She handed me her hand.

I jabbed it ready to see what would happen.

"Ahh! Gosh that hurt!"

"What?"

"I don't know! It's not healing!" She said.

I let go of her hand and it started to heal.

"I am so sorry. I'm going to go." I left the house.