Chapter 15 - How Am I Getting There

"Nothing works." He said.

He let go of my hand and grabbed the bags. He disappeared then reappeared without the bags.

"Let's try this again." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Maybe I have too much on my mind." He said.

"Or on your face." I mumbled hoping he wouldn't hear. But of course, he did.

He looked at me confused then made that surprised look again.

"You saw us." He said.

"Yeah, you guys are really bad at hiding stuff; it's always in my house."

I said.

"Raelyn I'm sorry, I tried to tell you then your mom walked in and everything is already weird between us but I promise you, I really like your mom it isn't some kind of one night stand." He said.

"I know." I answered.

At that moment my mom appeared.

"What's taking you so long?" She asked.

"Rae isn't teleporting." He said.

"What do you mean?" Then, my mom grabbed my hand and tried to teleport.

"What?" She said.

Peter and my mom held each one of my hands and tried to teleport.

"Weird." I said.

"Really weird." My mom said.

"Rae I think I know your ability." Peter started.

"To test it I need to use one of my powers on you but if this isn't your ability you may get hurt." He said.

"No no no, you are not shooting my daughter."

"Okay, what other ability can we try?" Peter said.

"Molly's?" My mom suggested.

"What do you think my ability is?" I asked him.

"Defiance, you resist powers, you have a shield against powers."

"That's why Sylar couldn't shoot at me and I couldn't teleport or fly!" I said.

"Fly? When did you fly?" My mom asked.

"Never, because of my power!" I said.

"Raelyn you know what I mean." She said.

"Does that really matter? We need to get Raelyn to Manchester." Peter yelled.

"I could take an airplane?" I suggested.

"You can't take an airplane by yourself and it costs too much." My mom answered.

"I have the ability to double things." Peter said.

"Okay, well I don't have any American money with me." My mom answered.

"I have 8 dollars in bills." I answered.

"That may take a while to double but it'll have to do." Peter said, rubbing his hands together and smirking.

He pointed his hands to it and doubled it repeatedly until we had a lot of dollar bills.

"The airport probably won't let us pay in dollar bills for a last minute flight, lets transfer this to a bank account, order the tickets online for an early flight tomorrow." Peter suggested.

I handed him my computer bag and he ordered 2 tickets for a flight to London Heathrow airport because there were no flights from here to Manchester's airport.