Side-Story: 13

I bless you all with holy water.

Side-Story: 13 - What if...? - Part 6

Cassian

My heart pounded in my chest. I wasn't able to let go of Kyran's hand and he laced our fingers tighter together if they just separated for a little bit. We hadn't formed our mark but I was already overwhelmed by my feelings and desire for him.

If I wasn't aware how hungry he was, I would have dragged him to my house and fulfilled our marking.

He smiled at his parents and talked about his time in Canada. He acted like he wasn't affected by our thirst for each other at all. But I could feel it. Could feel how he trembled and how he squeezed his legs together to get himself under control. I couldn't stop looking at him shifting in his chair and stealing quick glances at me only to bite his lip.

Hungrily he devoured the food his mother had prepared. He really must have been starving.

Between bites he told us about his host-family. About the two siblings and their parents. A family he wasn't related to by blood but by feelings. He loved them with all his heart and I was glad he had a good time in Canada though he was tormented with his sickness.

I kind of wanted to avoid the topic, however I wanted to know it too at the same time. My father asked him about his condition.

Kyran explained that he wasn't fully cured and that he could catch an illness anytime. Not as bad or quick as he did two years ago. However, he was still able to get sick.

The Canadian pack couldn't find a reason either but they were able to get it under control. Together they found a way to help Kyran on his own terms.

It didn't relieve my worries but I was glad that he was healthier though not completely healthy. If he ever gets sick again, I would take care of him from now on.

After the dinner, Kyran quickly went up to his room to pack a few things to stay over at my place. I waited in the hallway at the front door and played nervously with a thread from my sleeve.

Suddenly Ellinor stuck her head out of the doorframe and looked at me. Without saying anything she indicated to me to come closer and I followed her wishes.

I couldn't look at the thing she pushed into my hand, before she already answered the question I hadn't even asked yet.

»My brother may still have the body of a Beta and you two aren't in danger of, well, you know what I mean.«

Finally I looked at the little pack in my hand and blushed the moment I recognized it.

»Protection,« she whistled and turned away to disappear.

Where the fuck did she get this so quickly? Condoms. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

Kyran jumped down the stairs and locked eyes with me when I looked at him in a startle. »Everything okay?« he mumbled and intertwined our fingers. Quickly I hid the condoms in my pocket and nodded.

»Yeah. Just a bit overwhelmed.«

He hummed and rubbed his head against my arm. »Same.«

We walked through the cold to my house. Our house - because I had it renovated for him and me though I knew we would never be able to be together after he returned. How wrong I had been.

If he wanted it as our house was another thing but someday... maybe...

I had left my car at home so we needed to walk the whole way. But I enjoyed it and he seemed to enjoy it too. The cold winter day and the company of the other.