60 - Birth

Howling my whole body tensed up and I twisted in pain.

»Hold still damn it!« Argon growled and in the next moment Vanadis grabbed my head and my hindquarters and pressed me to the ground with her unnatural strength.

The pain that came because of her was nothing against the pain because of the birth.

My water broke and the fluid wet my fur and the more time they took the more pain I was in.

They suffocated, they suffocated, they suffocated!

The claw Argon used to cut open my stomach burned like fire and the curse that already weakened me didn't support the situation positively.

Blood streamed out of the enormous cut but both demons didn't care if I bleed out.

In pain I snapped my fangs and hit Vanadis arm by mistake.

»Don't you dare hit him right now,« Argon hissed because he noticed without looking at her that she was about to hit me.

»He bit me!« she yelled, upset.

»And he is about to give birth to our ticket. This bite is nothing against this gift.«

Gift? I didn't give you my puppies! You just take them!

I bared my fangs in rage.

And then I heard a light whimper. My eyes widened and caught sight of the little, covered in slime and blood, being.

With an annoyed look in his eyes, Argon put the little puppy before my head and immediately I licked him clean as if my instinct told me to do it.

His short fur had the same dark brown colors as Cassian's. The only difference between them was that the chest and the belly of the little one was snow white. The tip of his tiny tail and his right ear were white too.

Though he wasn't able to open his eyes, I could tell from his aura that he was the next Alpha.

Michael, a voice whispered in my head that made me flinch.

Who spoke?

I squeezed my little son close to my chest and then the next whimper caught my attention.

Again, the demon put a puppy before me and I licked it dry.

Again, it was a boy and his fur was breath-takingly beautiful. His right side was snow white while the left side was black as night. As if good and evil would unite in one and yet be separate. Light and darkness. Beautiful.

Lucifer, the voice spoke again and I flinched.

What should these names mean?

My second son immediately searched for his older brother and both cuddled against my chest fur. Both crawled with difficulty over the wet ground. Wet from water and blood.

Argon put the third puppy before me and I licked him dry too. Again, a boy.

His fur was hazelnut brown and his left hind leg just like his right shoulder and a part of the right leg was black. His left ear too and blackness in the form of a circle was around his left eye.

Raphael.

Were these the names of my puppies?

Until now they were the names of angels. Was it the will of the moon goddess in return for gifting me with my children?

What had she to do with those angels? Were they some kind of... reincarnation of the angels? I hoped not because whatever fate they had, if they were truly those angels, two of them had a fate I didn't wish for them.