47 - Home

In the meantime, on the way back to the others there was a weird and uncomfortable atmosphere between Cas and me. I was aware that he hadn't said it on purpose, he just went with the flow of the situation.

Still, I couldn't deny that the heart in my chest felt like being stabbed with daggers.

Now that I was aware of the feelings for him – that I would have never thought I would get for him – and how they grew more daily, it was even more painful.

Sighing I opened the door to May's room and was immediately caught up in a chaotic situation.

»You need to rest, Mom!« Naika said sternly to May, who only snorted and tried to get up again.

»Lie down.«

The curly head snorted loudly. »I'm going home now, with my newborn son.«

Her words sounded so bossy that I immediately remembered how much May hated hospitals.

Although her mate was one of the pack doctors – the highest one – and spent most of his time here, she wasn't able to stop hating hospitals.

Maybe she only hated them because the hospital claimed most of Maxim's time and he couldn't spend his time with her.

»May,« Maxim tried again, but she silenced him with one look.

Sighing he dropped his tensed up shoulders and nodded. »I will get you discharged.«

When he walked past us he silently signed: Danger ahead, a hormone controlled female wolf.

»Come, I will help you,« I said calmly, grabbing May's arm so she could support herself on me.

»Everything good right now?«

She nodded in agreement and then I carefully let go of her arm, so she could walk to the little bed next to her own bed and lifted Elias out of it.

And when I saw with how much love she looked at Elias my heart hurt painfully and at the same time it blossomed of joy. What I felt at the moment was indescribable.

On one hand it was painful because I could never look at my own children like that.

But on the other hand I was happy that Elias was finally born and he was so unbelievably cute, just like the joy that May immediately loved her son with all her heart, just like the rest of the family.

Toby grabbed the bag of his mother and then we left the room.

In the giant lobby Maxim waited for us and together we left the hospital and went to the big family Van.

We younger ones split up on the two rows of backseats with three seats each, while the two older ones sat in the first row.

For the whole drive May didn't let go of Elias and smiled lovingly down at him. It would be much safer for him if she buckled him up!

»I think he has more in common with Kyran than we thought,« Maxim said then and I tilted my head in confusion.

Sure, I was part of this family in one way, but we weren't blood related at all, which would exclude that he had something in common with me.

»Don't look that unbelieving. Elias is completely quiet and sleeps like stone.«

Amused, I rolled my eyes. I could have thought about that. In contrast to Naika and Toby, I always slept quietly back then.

Naika snored like a walrus with constipation and Toby slept restless and lightly so he woke up with every sound or movement.

He only slept like stone when he took the drug before or when he was with Fynn, which was one of the biggest reasons he often stayed over.