51 - Calm before the storm

The next day, after sleeping for the whole day yesterday, I went to school again.

Sluggishly I dropped on my chair and bedded my head on my crossed arms on the table and dozed off.

In the morning I left the house quicker than my friends and was the only person in the classroom at the moment. With reason!

I needed to prepare myself for Cassian.

»You are early, Mr. Crimson,« the voice of the grumpy teacher suddenly sounded and I lifted my eyes.

My hopes of being alone were immediately destroyed. Great start in the morning.

»A good morning to you too,« I murmured, friendly but with the same grumpy tone in my voice and went back into my sleeping position.

»Do you believe you can just skip school for a few days?« He meant the days I was in Canada.

There went my peaceful quiet.

Sighing, I lifted my head again.

»There are more endangered students than me. If you look at my grades you can see only the best. Instead of me, you should maybe put your energy into students whose grades are really bad.«

He snorted and then began to look at some papers that I took as my permission to sleep more.

About half an hour later other students entered the classroom. The former quiet, that was only joined by my breathing, rustling of papers and the scratching of a pen on paper, was now gone.

Now students exchanged words with each other, squeaked, laughed and screamed, so my ears already rang like a bell and if I wasn't so exhausted, I would have screamed: Shut the fuck up!

A person dropped on the seat next to me – I didn't look at him.

I could feel that it wasn't Cassian. He was still somewhere on the way in the building and not in the classroom, well I could tell that much from our bond at least.

Instead, I smelled the familiar smell of Ethan.

I could already hear his thoughts, but didn't want to answer him which was why I acted dumb and defensive.

»What?« I grumbled.

»You had a fight again?«

Rolling my eyes I lifted my head and shrugged my shoulders while I crossed my arms and leaned against the back of my chair.

What did he expect? That everything was peaceful and happy between us? We laid in each others arms as if nothing ever happened? As if he didn't harass me for all those years? As if he wasn't the one that stole the rank of a Beta from me?

As if I didn't suffer everyday? As if I didn't need to leave my family for a few years because of him and my sickness? As if I didn't have those scars of his claws on my body?

As if I could bear children like an Omega and we didn't have the problems of an heir?

»Was to be expected,« I said and he eyed me quietly. Probably saw through my thoughts and the anger in my eyes.

Calmly he eyes me further and then looked ahead.

»Was it about the same thing? Or was it about something else?«

It was to be expected that he asked if it was about the same thing.

After all, the last time was about me wanting to go back to Canada in Cassian's eyes – what wasn't wrong, but not the truth at that moment.

And now he was in Canada with me and maybe saw why I wanted to be there, and now one could think that a fight broke out because of that.

But that hadn't been the case. Maybe it was a trigger too, but not the reason.