ɹnoɟ ʎʇɹᴉɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

Mo Xi had never thought he would be in a long-distance relationship with Pei Hao.

Pei Hao liked to call him, and when they were both busy, they exchanged a few words on WeChat. On weekends, they would open video calls and do their own things. Mo Xi hadn't expected things to be so clingy, but the thirteen-hour time difference couldn't dampen Pei Hao's enthusiasm. He always found various topics to chat about.

Besides Pei Hao, Mo Zi would also reach out to him, and sometimes, Xiao Pengpeng would babble at him on the phone. Hearing that those people involved in the medical disputes were finally being held accountable, Mo Xi felt a bit relieved.

A wave of final exams was approaching, and the company was also busiest at the end of the year. Mo Xi had resumed his round-the-clock lifestyle. Unlike before, he now had someone to talk to when the pressure built up. Pei Hao would calmly help him analyze things in life and work, occasionally sending him stress-relief packages - gifts, toys, snacks... In the most recent package, there was even a round-trip ticket to Alaska.

Pei Hao said he wanted to take him to Alaska to see the Northern Lights for Christmas.

The day of departure happened to be Christmas Eve. Mo Xi put on his warmest clothes, but even after leaving the airport, he still felt cold after walking for a few minutes. Pei Hao had already rented a car and was waiting for him at the airport exit. Seeing Mo Xi shivering, he quickly took off his scarf and wrapped it around him.

"It's more than twenty degrees below zero," Pei Hao took Mo Xi's cold hands and rubbed them in his palms before exhaling, "Why are you dressed so lightly?"

"I've never been in a place where it's more than twenty degrees below zero..." Mo Xi shrugged. In the city where he went to school, the coldest it got was around ten degrees below zero. He thought his current outfit would be enough, but clearly, it wasn't...

"No worries, I've packed half a suitcase full of clothes for you," Pei Hao brushed his nose and gestured to the back of the car, "Change later."

"Okay," Mo Xi nodded on the surface but was somewhat surprised internally. In the past, he was usually the one who worried more when they went out. He didn't expect Pei Hao to be more considerate this time.

Winter in Alaska was a snowy wonderland. Houses, trees, and roads were all covered in white. Even the breath that came out of their mouths turned into white vapor in the cold air. The line between the sky and the ground was blurred, and everything was so bright that it hurt the eyes.

The roads on the mountains were covered with a layer of snow. Pei Hao struggled to drive the car to their accommodation - a European-style log cabin halfway up the mountain. Half of the living room's ceiling was made of large windows, and when luck was on their side, they could see the Northern Lights just by lifting their heads from the sofa.

After wandering around inside, Mo Xi fell in love with the place - it was cozy, furnished mainly with wooden furniture, and had all the necessary facilities. They could cook, do laundry, and there was even a small outdoor hot spring in the backyard. The heating inside was sufficient, and he went from freezing outside to being too warm inside in just a few minutes. He lay on the sofa, reluctant to go back out.