uǝǝʇxᴉs ɐɹʇxǝ

The door of the neighboring ward suddenly opened, and a doctor wearing a mask walked out. Another group of family members who were sitting near Mo Xi immediately rushed over and surrounded the doctor. Soon, a sharp cry erupted from the crowd as a woman in her thirties broke down in tears. People around her supported her, their expressions heavy.

The doctor sighed helplessly, "Please accept our condolences."

Tears streamed down the woman's face. She knelt on the ground, clutching the doctor's hand, and pleaded with tears in her eyes, "Please, save him again, I beg you!"

The doctor felt helpless. He could only bow deeply to the family members and say, "I'm sorry, we've done all we can."

The woman curled up, burying her face in her hands, and sobbed loudly on the ground. Some people tried to help her up, but after a few attempts, she was too weak and slumped back down.

Pei Hao and Mo Xi sat quietly in front of the ward, witnessing everything that was happening. Mo Xi seemed composed, but his heart was in turmoil. Since he heard the woman's cries, he had clenched his fists, unconsciously trembling all over. He was really afraid that in a little while, a doctor would come out and say a simple "condolences," and he wouldn't know how to cope.

His mother had been gone for less than three years, and now he had to face another close relative leaving?

Mo Xi rubbed his thumb into his flesh, his face already covered in a thin layer of sweat. His eyes never left the grieving family member sitting on the ground.

"Stop looking," Pei Hao immediately sensed his tension and helplessness. He placed a hand in front of Mo Xi's line of sight and gently turned his head to face himself, softly saying, "That's not your sister, don't overthink it."

Mo Xi was still lost in thought, mechanically turned his head at Pei Hao's urging, but didn't say anything.

Meeting Mo Xi's moist and helpless eyes, as if he might burst into tears the next second, Pei Hao felt his heart being squeezed. He forcefully pressed Mo Xi's head against his shoulder, one hand encircling his slender waist, and softly said like comforting a child, "It's okay, your sister will definitely recover and be healthy."

Soon, the doctors wheeled the deceased's body out of the ward, and the family members left as well, leaving only the woman's crying echoing in the corridor.

Seeing that everyone had left, Pei Hao let go of Mo Xi. Mo Xi sat back in the chair, staring fixedly at the door of the ward, thinking about when his sister would come out, and why Pei Hao, whom he had already broken up with, was still holding him like this. His thoughts were tangled, too chaotic, too many.

"Click!" The door of the ward was pushed open. Mo Xi suddenly stood up, but in his haste, he lost his balance and almost stumbled. It was Pei Hao who quickly grabbed him to prevent him from falling.

A doctor came out of the ward, scanned the surroundings, intending to find Xiao Jun, but not seeing him, he looked at Pei Hao who looked familiar and asked, "Are you Mo Zi's family?"