ǝuᴉu ɐɹʇxǝ

"Get up, it's time for breakfast!" Mo Xi, wearing an apron, ran to the side of Pei Hao's bed. With one hand, he tugged at the corner of the blanket, while the other hand held a spatula. The morning sunlight shone through his fine bangs, making his delicate skin appear exceptionally radiant.

Pei Hao opened his eyes sleepily, rubbed his tousled hair, and lazily sat up, looking at Mo Xi. "What are we having today?"

"Xiaolongbao, egg and kelp soup, and pan-fried beef patties." Mo Xi blinked with a proud expression, showing off the spatula with a hint of beef smell as if to say he had made the breakfast himself.

Seeing Mo Xi's triumphant look, a smile appeared on Pei Hao's face. He reached out and pinched Mo Xi's slightly chubby cheek, whispering, "Feels good. I'll make braised pork for you tonight and fatten you up."

"Give yourself five minutes to get up." Mo Xi playfully opened Pei Hao's hand, then ran to the kitchen to continue preparing breakfast.

Watching Mo Xi's cheerful figure, a warm feeling surged within Pei Hao. He just loved Mo Xi's silly appearance. He leaped out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

Unexpectedly, as soon as he stepped out of the bedroom, he saw a figure sitting at the dining table.

Approaching, Pei Hao saw that the person was wearing a clean and neat high school uniform, sitting properly at the table. He held a book in his hands and was engrossed in reading.

Wasn't that Fu Yan? Why was he dressed like this and reading here?

Pei Hao was startled. At this moment, Mo Xi removed his apron, pointed at the breakfast set on the table, and said to Pei Hao, "You two go ahead and eat. I'm leaving."

"Don't go!" Pei Hao had a bad feeling, and he almost involuntarily shouted. Taking three quick steps, he rushed up and held onto Mo Xi, who was putting on his shoes to leave, hugging him tightly.

Mo Xi turned his head, looking puzzled. "Fu Yan is here. What are you doing?"

Fu Yan, on the other hand, remained engrossed in his book, not even glancing in their direction.

"Xiao Xi, what are you saying? I want to eat with you!" Pei Hao tightened his grip, nuzzling his head into Mo Xi's shoulder like a spoiled child. He felt the warmth of the other person's body and vigorously inhaled the scent of his hair. Mo Xi's hair always carried a faintly fragrant smell, a scent he hadn't smelled in so long that Pei Hao thought he was about to forget it.

He couldn't let go. He was greedy for the warmth emanating from Mo Xi's body.

"Is that so? You've always loved him, haven't you? I'm just a replacement." Mo Xi lowered his head, looking dejected.

It was as if someone had suddenly pinched a painful spot. The ache quickly spread through every part of Pei Hao. This pain was all too familiar, as if it had played out silently in some place countless times before. He took a deep breath, turned Mo Xi's body to face him, and earnestly gazed into his eyes. "I love you. You're not a replacement."