uǝʌǝs ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

[OP] Randomly register an account. Posted on January 23, 2017, 22:10:15

I removed his hand from pinching my cheeks, turned to look at him, and spoke calmly, "Pei Hao, let's break up."

I didn't know the room was so dim; I wonder if he saw the determination in my eyes.

Pei Hao visibly froze for a moment, his expression puzzled as he asked, "Why?"

Still not knowing why, I couldn't help but smile bitterly in my heart. Pei Hao, are you really skilled in acting, or are you just lacking intelligence? At this point, can you still pretend to be innocent and ask me why?

"There's no reason," my tone was indifferent. "We're just not compatible."

"What's wrong with you?" Pei Hao propped himself up to look at me, his face full of doubt. After pondering for a while, he suddenly seemed to have a sudden realization and slapped his thigh, asking, "Is it because I rescued Fu Yan first after jumping into the sea? That's why you haven't been talking to me these past few days?"

I didn't answer him. Isn't this an obvious thing?

The night before, we were lovey-dovey, but the next day, he became someone else's hero. And that someone else happened to be the moonlight he had been longing for these five years. In these five years, I finally realized a truth: words can be as sweet as honey, but actions are the sharp blades that cut through those sugary shells, exposing the raw emotions hidden deep inside everyone's hearts.

"Xiao Xi, that day, I thought you were on the front motorboat. I didn't know the person I collided with was you," Pei Hao said while grabbing one of my hands and holding it tightly. His fingertips slipped through the gaps between my fingers, and our hands interlocked as he explained, "Underwater, Fu Yan told me that the person I collided with was you, and I immediately turned around to find you. I swear, I really didn't know it was you!"

Well, the deed is done. You can't say it to my face, but you saw both of us falling into the water, and you instinctively saved him first.

Although I was just a passing fancy, tasteless and bland, it's a pity to let it go.

Let's take it one step further. If you genuinely didn't know it was me that day, what does that indicate? It shows that when Fu Yan and I were both in front of you, your attention was on him, you cared about him, and your gaze followed him? You see, we almost got on the motorboat at the same time, but you yourself said you knew what happened with Fu Yan, yet you didn't even know which motorboat I was on.

You can shout Fu Yan's name at the top of your lungs, jump into the sea to save him, or even admit in front of me that you like Fu Yan, but you can't deceive me after all of that and say that you care about me.

I furrowed my brows, but I didn't say anything. I was too lazy to argue with him.

Pei Hao saw me remain silent and leaned down, gently kissing my forehead, whispering softly in my ear, "Xiao Xi, it was my mistake that I didn't realize it was you in the sea. I admit my mistake, so don't be upset, okay?"