uǝǝʇǝuᴉu ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

[OP] Randomly register an account. Posted on March 3, 2017, 22:08:59

I sat on the bed in a daze and unknowingly fell asleep. When I woke up, it was already the next morning. I was covered with a blanket, probably arranged by Pei Hao.

It seemed that Pei Hao hadn't gone back all night. He was bustling around outside, presumably preparing breakfast. After a while, he pushed open my bedroom door and whispered, "Xiao Xi, come out for breakfast."

I glanced at him but didn't respond, treating him as if he were invisible.

Pei Hao entered the room, sat down beside me, and cautiously touched my arm. "Have a little breakfast, or your stomach might feel uncomfortable later."

I sat on the bed listlessly, closed my eyes, and showed no reaction. At this moment, I didn't want to talk to him at all, not even a single word.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have treated you like that yesterday. And the things from before, I was wrong, too. Give me another chance, and I'll make it up to you. If you still don't believe me, let me pursue you again. But you can't be with anyone else, absolutely not." Pei Hao stood up from the bed, his voice becoming more and more excited. "When I see you with someone else... I can't control myself. I wish I could chop him into eight pieces. Who does he think he is, touching you!"

"I'm sorry, Xiao Xi. I might be selfish. You can ask me to do anything, but I can't let you go. I see your shadow wherever I go. Everything I do reminds me of you. I can't forget you."

I opened my eyes, and the morning sunlight streamed in through the window. It was such a nice day, and I didn't want to hear Pei Hao say these things. I gazed through him with a vacant expression, looking ahead, and said softly, "Just go."

Pei Hao loosened his scarf and sighed softly. Helplessly, he said, "Then I'll go now. Remember to eat."

After Pei Hao left, I lay on the bed with my eyes closed and didn't move. After a while, my phone screen blinked a few times on the side. I picked up the phone. It was Jin Yu's call. Because it was on silent mode, I hadn't noticed before. I pondered for a moment and put the phone aside, letting it ring.

Whether it was about making a statement or just casual chatting, I felt exhausted. I just wanted some quiet time alone.

Jin Yu wasn't like Pei Hao. Jin Yu understood boundaries and wouldn't disturb me too much. After a while, the phone stopped ringing.

I felt a bit hungry, so I went to the kitchen and had a few bites of the food Pei Hao had made. He even remembered what I liked to eat, which was quite surprising. Perhaps those five years weren't just mine; they had left an imprint on him as well.

After finishing breakfast, I took a shower. Since breaking up with Pei Hao, I had been suffering from insomnia, making me look haggard. I shaved off the newly grown beard with a razor and looked at my reflection in the mirror – dark circles, lifeless eyes, not a hint of youthful charm.

Where was that young man who used to smile and laugh? He had slowly faded away in this relationship. People who were too brave in love usually ended up in one of two ways: either reborn anew or broken and shattered. I wasn't lucky; I became the latter. Of course, it was my own doing, so I couldn't blame anyone else. When I decided to start this relationship, I should have been prepared for the possibility of being deeply hurt.