ɹnoɟ ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

This month is the rainy season in City X. Last night, there was a heavy downpour, and today the roads are wet. Puddles have formed in low-lying areas, and when Mo Xi went out to buy groceries this morning, he ended up with mud splattered on his pant legs. He only brought two pairs of pants with him this time. The other pair was kicked to the ground by pockmark at the hospital yesterday and is currently in the washing machine.

Mo Xi was a bit frustrated; today he had to make do with wearing the mud-stained pants to the hospital.

Pei Hao was aware of Mo Xi's slight cleanliness obsession. Just before he left, Pei Hao rummaged through the closet for a while and then threw a pair of pants at Mo Xi.

The pants were simple and washed denim. Mo Xi found them somewhat familiar. When he picked them up and looked, weren't these his old pants? He had looked for them for a while some time ago, but couldn't find them anywhere. He couldn't recall where he had lost them. To think they were here with Pei Hao.

"You forgot to take these when you moved out last time." Pei Hao explained before Mo Xi could ask.

Last time he moved out? Wasn't that more than two years ago, and in the house they shared in City Y?

He actually didn't throw them away when he moved?

That was the first thought that flashed through Mo Xi's mind. But soon after, the echo of that night in the hospital corridor came back to him, with Pei Hao gazing at him affectionately and saying, "I miss you so much." It felt like the phrase was on a continuous loop, reverberating and not dissipating.

If Pei Hao hadn't been out of touch for the past year, Mo Xi would almost believe that Pei Hao had been thinking about him all this time.

Seeing the commotion caused by the bald man and the others yesterday, Xiao Jun couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. The next day, he applied for a room transfer for Mo Zi, but due to the shortage of beds, it couldn't be done right away. Fortunately, Pei Hao helped them arrange admission to another hospital. They could move in on the same day, and the medical conditions there were as good as Ren Ai Hospital, with even greater privacy.

Considering everything, Xiao Jun decided to have Mo Zi move to the other hospital, and today they were here to process the formalities.

Uncharacteristically, Pei Hao didn't accompany Mo Xi this time. The company was currently facing some issues. Fu Bing had previously mentioned that Wu Lin might poach clients from their company. Just a few days later, Pei Hao received news that Wu Lin had already started making moves.

Moreover, a recent industry rumor claimed that Qi Mao's product quality was poor. Pei Hao naturally knew who was behind this rumor, but even Mr. Wang had become suspicious. He demanded that Pei Hao prove the quality of their products first before he would sign any follow-up contracts. Otherwise, they would rather pay a penalty and halt the deal.

Originally, Pei Hao had taken a week off, but at such a crucial time for the company, he didn't feel right ignoring Fu Bing's wishes. So these past two days, he had immersed himself in the factory, repeatedly testing product performance with the product manager. He could only see Mo Xi briefly when he returned home at night. He realized that this was likely the most stressful period his company had faced, but as long as he knew Xiao Xi was still at home, he felt oddly reassured.