Chapter 13: Fatal Flaw

Team DVNT's as well as Team RWBY and JNPR have learned a significant amount due to their diligent studies as well as a good balance of fun and relaxation for most of them (Tanner is not included.) The atmosphere is of bliss, campus life could never be better and it can only look bright for the last semester of their first year at Beacon Academy. They all look forward to the much anticipated Vytal Festival at the end of the year. However, even if Beacon's quality of life has been exponentially great, the same cannot be said for the city of Vale. Indeed, the city of Vale is overrun with increased crime rates notably by the White Fang under their lieutenant Adam Taurus who runs the Vale Squadron of the White Fang and the unknown criminal lord, Roman Torchwick and his posse. Vale has had police stationed at every corner of the city while prices (mostly of dust) skyrocket. It is undoubtedly the beginning of something sinister...

In an abandoned warehouse near the outskirts of the City of Vale...

Roman Torchwick, the charismatic criminal lord with a fashion like none other, had just gotten scolded by two angsty teens and their slightly older "boss" Cinder Fall, a lady with not much known to her

Roman Torchwick, the charismatic criminal lord with a fashion like none other, had just gotten scolded by two angsty teens and their slightly older "boss" Cinder Fall, a lady with not much known to her... Only that she and Torchwick have a deal of some sorts. After the whole scolding, Torchwick decided to take a breather (a smoke) outside near the docks of the Warehouse where he encountered a man and next to him is presumably his special lady. "Lance!" Torchwick cries out as the man, Lance, turns his head to him. "I was wondering when you were gonna show up." Torchwick adds as he tips his hat and bows to the lady next to him. "Milady..."

"Hi Roman!" Morgana shouts out with a welcoming tone and smile to accompany it. She waves over at him so that he can join them. These two were the ones who crippled Diego back at the ports of Vale... 

Torchwick leans to the railing behind the two who were sitting at the edge of the docks with their feet soaking in the sea. 

"The cold shoulder, ey..?" Torchwick says as he pulls out a cigar and offers it to the two. Lance takes one and uses his finger to light it. "You've gotta teach me how to do that one of these days, Lance." Torchwick says as he takes a puff out of the cigar and sighs. 

"Roman." Lance speaks up after his silence. "Can you do me a favor?" He tilts his head slightly to make eye contact. His forest green eyes somehow shining in the dark docks only illuminated by the moonlight. Torchwick smirks.

 Torchwick smirks