Wild Child

chaotic solangelo my beloved 🫶🫶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lalalala. Lalalala. Elmo's World." Nico sang, bouncing Michael on his knee.

The toddler giggled and stared at the tv.

Nico bounced his son again. "Lalalala-"

A blood-curdling shriek came from across the house. It was Will.

Michael and Nico both startled, and Michael began to cry. Nico scooped him up in his arms and hurried towards the sound.

He ran across the house, hurrying towards the laundry room, where the sound came from. When he finally slid to a stop, he was out of breath. "Will! Babes, is everything alright?"

"There is a fucking frog in the house." Will whispered. "It's huge."

Nico paused. "A frog? That's it?"

Will's voice shook. "I was putting a load of Bianca's laundry up a-and it just jumped out at me."

"Why would a frog be in Bianca's laundry?"

"I don't know, babe. There just is."

"But you're ok?"

"There is a frog the size of Texas in our house."

"Babe, you used to preform surgery on people. It can't be that big of a deal."

"That's different." He shivered. "Organs aren't green and slimy and they don't jump out at you."

"You got used to the Trogs. You like them."

"Yeah, Trogs with a T. They're cute and have an underground society and wear funny little hats. The thing that jumped out at me had beady little eyes and no soul."

"I thought you were pro-animal?"

"I'm pro-things-that-don't-invade-my-house-and-jump-out-at-me."

"Will, honey. I think you're overreacting a little bit." Nico wiped the tears off of Michael's face. "You scared Michael."

"Are you really calling me dramatic right now?" Will huffed and closed the door of the washing machine. "Just because I'm gay-"

"You're gay? Babe, we-" Nico shook his head. "I'm not dealing with your shenanigans right now. We're going back to Sesame Street."

Will suddenly jumped up and grabbed Nico's arm. He pointed to his daughter's sparkly pink laundry basket. "It's back."

There it was, in all of its green, slimy glory: a massive bullfrog.

"Holy shit. That thing's nasty." Nico scrunched up his nose.

"I told you it was real! I freaking told you!"

"Where did it even come from?"

Bianca, who was coloring near the couch, appeared in the laundry room. "Why's everyone in here?"

"Bia, honey, your father found a frog in your laundry and got startled. It's ok." Nico pat her head reassuringly.

"A frog?" Bianca looked puzzled before she had her lightbulb moment. "Oh! That's Prince Henry."

Will turned pale. "It has a name?"

Bianca just smiled. "Yeah. I totally forgot about him. Luke and I found him in the yard of his house and I put him in my pocket when we were playing."

"That was three days ago, sweetheart. The frog- I mean, Prince Henry- was just sitting in your pocket in your hamper for three days?" Nico asked, a bit concerned.

Will's eye twitched. "There's been a frog inside of my house for three days?"

"Yeah." She continued to grin.

Will just stared at her with wild eyes.

Bianca tugged on Nico's shirt. "Why is Daddy acting like that?"

"Daddy's a little afraid of Prince Henry, that's all."

"Three. Days. Three days, Nico." Will took a shaky breath. "It was probably watching me when I tucked Bianca in for the night. Three nights."

"Ok, ok. New house rule. The outside stays outside. No critters in La Casa Di Solace." Nico rested his hand on Bianca's shoulder. "Capisce?"

"Ok, Papa."

"Capisce, Will?"

"Y-yeah. Yeah. Ok. Good. Yeah. No more."

"Glad we came to an understanding." Nico sighed. "All good, honey. Can we go back to Sesame Street now?"

"Yes, you can go back to Sesame Street. I'll finish up the laundry and I'll be right there." Will pointed to Bianca. "As soon as your daughter puts Prince Henry outside."

Nico laughed. "That's fair." He bounced Michael on his hip. "Say bye!"

"Bye Da-da!" Michael waved his chubby hand at his father and sister. "Bye Bia!"

"Bye baby!" Will smiled and blew a kiss.

As Nico walked away, Michael peeked over his shoulder and waved his chubby hand again.

"Bye Fwog!"

"Noo!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yall were begging for an update so here you go

late christmas/hanukkah/kwanza/yule/vague winter holiday present for everyone :)

see yall in 2024!

WC: 731