Motor Man

I stared in disbelif at the empty road in front of me. They had left me behind! I couldnt have been more furious, I had gotten myself shot trying to break Kaiba out of Pegasus's prison cell, which put me in crutches, and he just left me here! I groaned as I felt the empty inside of my pocket, where my phone should have been. I had left it at home. I began limping my way down the sidewalk, finding no other choice. There was a bookstore near here that I regularly visited, the owners knew me by name, and so did most of the employees. I had hoped they would let me use a phone, and a book to escape all the confusion of my conversation with Ishizu sounded wonderful. The only difficulty was the store was four blocks from where I was, which, in any other case, would be no big deal, in crutches, however, it was a different story. I slowly limped and limped along with the crutches, and ended up wearing myself out before I went more than one and a half blocks. It was only when I sat down to take a rest at a bus stop that I noticed a man on a motorcycle tailing behind me, moving slowly, and staying far enough back that I would barely hear the engine. 

When I spotted him, however, he sped up and darted past me, sending dirt from the street flying into my face. Rude, I thought. I wonered for a brief moment why he was driving so slowly until I saw him, became paranoid that he might have been following me. I remembered the "Dark force" Ishizu had mentioned, but quickly pushed the thought out of my mind. The man had sped up and vanished down the road, not even in the direction I was going. If he had wanted to hurt me, he would have done so. I was on crutches after all, how difficult did he think taking me down would be? Maybe he was just lost, and slowed to try and find his bearing again. Yes that must have been it. I decided. Still, I could not manage to forget about him. He seemed to be a very large man, taller than even Kaiba, and his arms bulged with muscle. He wore all black, and sported a red helmet with the visor pulled down, hiding his face. Thats what picked at me the most, the fact I could not see his face. I sighed,a nd stood up carefully. This day was far too long, and I was just getting paranoid. 

If he was going to hurt me he would have done so. I reminded myself. I was just letting what Ishizu had said get to me, and it was beginning unease my mind. I continued my slow pace down the way to the book store, stopping to rest much more often than I wanted to. When I finally arrived, I was luckily greeted by one of the owners, an old, kind man with a balding head and warm smile. I told him that I had been left behind by a friend because of an emergency he had to get to, and he allowed me to use the phone to call my father. Which was an absoloute nightmare.

" Sombra? Is that you? Where are you?"

"....he WHAT! Sombra? He couldnt have really!"

"..Sombra, did you run out on a date? Its o.k. if you did I get scared too...."

"..o.k. o.k. o.k. calm down I get it it wasnt a date!!..But im 

just saying it is o.k. if it was a-"

I hung up the phone before he could finish. With my cheeks burning with a red tint, I wandered around the shop, picking up a few books here and there. After a few minuets, my dad arrived, and we took our leave. About an hour later, I was taking my shift at our own shop, though I was much more absorbed in a new book. Buisness was still slow today, so there wasnt much I could do as far as actually working went. I shut the book after a suspensful chapter ended, and looked out through the clear glass door, to the empty streets outside. There was simply no one in sight today. I guessed anyone interested in exotic antiques were at the new museum opening. I sighed. I was soo bored I wanted to just close up for the day. I decided to just continue reading until closing time, knowing that my father would have my head for closing up so soon, despite our lack of buisness. Before I could however, a flash of movement outside caught my eye. A dark blur zoomed past so quickly I barely made out what it was. I did however reconize it, and it send a cold shiver down my spine. It was a motorcycle, ridden by a man in all black, with a dark red helmet. The same man I saw from before! 

My heart seemed to stop beating, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. No it couldnt be, there was no way! It was simply just my paranoia geting to me! I rubbed my tired eyes. Just the conversation with Ishizu getting to me again, and nothing more. when I looked back up however, my fears were confirmed. On the streets, just outside of the glass door, the man balanced on his morotcycle, staring inside the shop, directly at me. We stared at each other, for just a second, then he reared his engine, and sped off once more. What I saw was no coincidence, nor my paranoia or my imagination running off with me. It was not an overreaction caused my the odd conversation with Ishizu, no. the man HAD been following me, and now he knows where I work. My hands were shaking, and I couldnt tear my eyes off the road outside. Who was that ad why was he following me? What did he want? What COULD he possible want from me? I have nothing of value and he is crazy if he thinks he is going to get some big randsome from my father. My father. I didnt know whether or not to tall him, and I felt foolish trying to form the words to express my fear. I decided not to tell him. I didnt want to worry him, not after being sent to the hospital with a bullet wound and a broken arm. I figured Id tell Yugi and the gang at least. I thought again about the dark force Ishizu mentioned. Could that strange man have something to do with it? I didnt know, and I was too frazzled to think much more on it.

The phone rang suddenly, causing me to jump. I picked it up with shaky hands and answered. It was Kaiba, of all people, calling (reluctantly, I guessed from his tone) to apologize for leaving me. He explained that he had some big project he had to prepare for right away, but he hung up before I could ask anything more about what he was working on. the rest of the day went on with only a few customers. I was so shook up about the man on the motorcycle, whenever the door opened I would flinch. But no, tall, ridiculosly muscular man came, only a few older couples, and one or two ladies in their twenties who kept going on and on about some man they saw at the bar. To my pleasure however, the high speed chatter let me focus on something other than the Motor man, as I named him, to my misfortune, however, the annoying banter mmade me want to smash my head against the glass case of the counter until I was no longer concious. The second they left, I rubbed my face with irritation. this day was proving too much for me. I decided to continue reading one of the new books I had gotten, hoping it would calm me down more. I made a mental plan to visit Yugi and the others the next day, and tell them of Motor man. If he really was part of the Dark forc Ishizu had warned me about, it could be after them too. I had given my word not to mention my talk with Ishizu until she herself had spoken with Yugi, which she said was soon, but if I had too, I would. My fingers trembled fumbling with the pages. It had been a long day indeed.