Healing

I awoke to the face of an old friend. His eyes shut, deep in thought. A concerned look plagueing his face. His spiked blonde bangs framing his face. I thought it was Yugi at first, but after staring for a moment, I noticed he seemed, more masculen, then usual. Experience and character shining through. " Yami." I mumbled. He opened his eyes and managed a weak smile. " You are ok." He sighed. I raised an eyebrown. " define o.k.?" I manage to sit up and face him. He looked compleatly worn out. " I knew you would make it here." He smiled. " Tristan told me what happened, I wont let them take either of you back. Im glad you are alright. Something nagged its way from the back of my mind. Something I had been thinking silently to myself ever scince Tristan showen up at the cell. " What happened to Kaiba?" H turned away from me. " He lost." My heart shattered. Both of the Kaibas were gone. And it was all because of him. That long, white haired devil. " Where is he and Mokuba?" " Mokuba is safe in my room, They took Kaiba somewhere, I dont know where. I pictued Kaiba, lifeless, hollow, sitting there just taking up space all alone in a cell. I tried to ball my fists together, but needles shot up through my left arm. I cried out in pain. Yami snapped back tword me, concerned. He saw my gauze bloddied and saw the way it was bent in the middle. " We have to change that gauze, and set that bone before anything worse happenes." I nodded grimly. I knew it would hurt horribly. I stood and made my way into the bathroom again. It was easier to walk now that I had gotten some rest, but soreness weighed down my body like rocks. Every little move I made ached. I found a very small first aid kit under the sink. It had a few bandainds, ointment, and a pair of small sissors. Not very useful. I thought. I could see Yami standing behind me now in the mirror. I used the sissors to cut the gauze and slowly began unwrapping it. I was almost sick looking at my skin. It was covered in cracked, brown, dried blood and purple bruises. A vein or two was visible under my skin. Around where the bone was broken was swollen, a sickly purpleish red and had spiderveins creeping across it. I put a hand over my mouth and felt a warm hand on my shoulder. Yami turned on the faucet and I grabbed a rag. I took my time actually touching my skin with it. Yami said nothing, but held my shoulder gently. If he did it, it would just hurt worse. After washing away the dried blood, it looked at least somewhat better. Then I noticed someting. " Yami, I dont have any marks." I looked at his arm. " Niether do you or Bakura. He offered a weak smile. " Magic is a strange thing." I chuckled a bit, but on the inside I began to have a mini freak out. Was all of this really happening? Mokuba got his soul stolen, and I had been inside the shadow relm. Now Im talking to an ancient pharoah about the mystic healing powers that were apparently affecting us. I didnt really understand, but I wasnt going to ask. It was beginning to get to me, and I couldnt take much more. Yami left and I heard a loud crack and the sound of fabric tearing. He came back with two chair legs and a few strips of fabric he tore from the bedsheet. He urged me to sit on the bed and held my arm down on the nightstand. He handed me one of the chair legs with a small strip wrapped around it. " Bite this. Its going to hurt." I nodded. I had never broken a bone before but my punk of a brother couldent go two months withthout doing it. He always yelled when they set it. I bit down hard with anticipation, anxiety crawled into my stomach and twisted it into knots. I nodded. He quickly pushed the bone down, with a loud SNAP. A new wave of pain tore through me and my scream became a muffled cry through the chair leg. I had gripped a torn piece of the sheet into a ball with my other hand and doubled over. It pulsed under my skin and Yami placed the other chair leg against it and began wrapping it tightly with the sheet. " Im sorry." " Dont be, thanks." I mumbled through watery eyes. When he was done examining his work, he pulled me gently on my good wrist to the door. " Come on, the others would want to know you are o.k." The second I steps outside I was met with the friendly hyper face of Joey. " Banx! good to see you are alright! You had me goin there the way you looked stumbling i-OW!" Tea smacked the back of his head. " Im glad you are o.k. too Sombra." She sighed. I thanked them. I begged them to tell me about their duels so far on the island. I wanted to end this seemingly eternal feeiling of dread around me. I was out of my cage and I wanted those feelings to disapear so I could forget, if only for a little while, that they happened. Joey spoke triumphantly of his victories over major duelists, and Yugi spoke highly of a sea duelist. We talked for what seemed like ages until a not-so-familiar face showed up. " What in the world is going on here, and who is this?" I was met with the gaze of a very pretty blonde in revealing cloathing.