a Favor

I stared wide eyed at the tall egyptian woman in front of me, comeplatly dumbfounded. " How did you know my-" I cut myself short as my eyes found Ishizu's necklace once more. What I had taken for the eye of hourus, a good luck charm in ancient Egypt, was infact slightly different. The eye still bore a striing resemblance to the charm, however the lines around the eye were carved differently, and horrified I reconized it as the same emblem that Yugi's Milinium puzzle bore. The ' Millinium eye' as they have been calling it. This woman to my shock carried another Millinium item! My blood ran cold, and my limbs became stiff. The only other times I met someone with a Millinium item, they had either tried to kill me or banish my to the shadow relm. I was not exactly happy to see another standing in front of me, alone in a room, and I on crutches. I didnt know what this particular item could do, and that alone made Ishizu dangerous to me. I still had nightmares of being locked in Pegaasus's cell, and of those metal rings on Bakura's shadow game, and as those memories ran though my head I found myself almost visibly shaking before this woman.

My instinct told my I had to escape, to run as fast as Icould and not look back, but the crutches would make that almost impossible. With my height, I stuggled to keep up even with the slowest of paces with others, I knew Ishizu would be able to walk and catch me, and I still didnt know what her item was capable of, or if she had servents or followers as Pegasus had. I was almost cornered. My only hope was to scream for help and hope someone would hear. Before I could do anything, however, she calmly said " Fear not, I shall not harm you." I stared into her seemingly emotionless face, doubting if I could trust her. " I know your name because of my Millinium necklace. I know of your knowlage of the Millinium items, and your association with the owner of the Millium puzzle, as welll as the spirit trapped within." Her tone was almost unsetteling. She spoke as if it was common knowlage, emotionlessly, yet firm. she seemed to me to be a woman of command, but the idea only furtured my doubt in her words. what she said was true, but that did not make her safe, nor trustworthy. Pegasus knew and because of it I was kidnapped and left in neglect and later beaten and shot.

" You know this because of your item?" I wanted to know more about her necklace, and try to direct the conversation into her plans and intentions, though with fear still raising the hairs on the back of my neck, I wasnt so sure I could keep calm enough. She still spoke without a real tone, neither angry, happy, sad, or curoious. Simply speaking what needed to be said and nothing more. " Yes. With it, I can see events that have yet to occur, and if I need to, change them." Great. She could see into the future, so she could see whatever stupid little plan to escape I dream up and counter it before I realize whats going on. This truely made her dangerous, and the hairs on my arms stood on end. If this woman was like Pegasus, and she wanted the other Items, with her necklace's power, she could predict Yugis actions before he thought of them himself. It wouldnt help to mind shift, as I later leanred was their trick to Pegasus's defeat, because whether its Yugi or Yami making the shot, her necklace would have shown it to her. Even if they tried something unpredictable, she would know, and counter. It would take much to outwit someone who could see the future, if it could be done. Now I really had to escape.

i had to tell Yugi of Ishizu, and hopefully they can bide their time and create a stratagy for beating Ishizu. If not, and they remain ignorant of her and her items exact power, it could take time to decipher what she could do, what she was capable of, time they might not even have. Of the injuries I sustained escaping Pegasus, I was not about to let someone else hurt Yugi, Yami, or any of the others. my mind briefly went back to Bakura's shadow game. Yami didnt give up on me, or leave me for dead. I was alone in the game for a time, but that was only because I pressed Yugi to finish the game first. He might have left the game, but he didnt leave me. He encouraged me when everything seemed hopeless. He didnt betray me then, I wont do it to him not. I might be on crutches, but they also give me a wepon. I gripped one tightly in one arm, and shifted my weight to the other, ready to lash out with one if needed. I quickly realized it would be useless bause I shizu could easily see my plans and jump out of reach before I could even lift the crutch off the ground. I was truely stuck. As if reading my mind, she repeated. " Fear not." I met her gaze and tried to show as little of my worry as I could. " I am not here to harm you, or the one called Yugi Motou." I still did not know weather to trust her, but listened anyway. " Those creatures you see on the relic," She gestured to the three carvings above the dueling ancients. " Are the three ancient gods of Egypt. Slifer, the sky dragon, Obelisk, the tormentor, and Ra, the winged God." I studied the carvings, but unlike the monsters the Pharoah and his opponent used, I did not reconize them as duel monsters.