Chapter Twelve.

Depuis le début

But soon Taetae got a bit distracted when he entered the big building. He looked around with his big, round crystal eyes as Jeongguk looked at him, fondly.

"Boba.. Where this?" Taetae asked with a small voice as Jeongguk understood that his baby is a bit uncomfortable.

"This is your second home, baby. It's a school. A place where my baby will learn a lot of new things and even make new friends. He will come here everyday and grow up to be a fine man." Jeongguk explained as he saw Taetae looking at him, tilting his head which clearly means the boy is confused.

Jeongguk didn't want to say anything else as he himself was skeptical to leave him here alone even though it was for a good cause.

Jeongguk walked towards the principal's office and collected Taetae's class details. Once he got them, he walked towards Taetae's assigned classroom. He slowly brought Taetae down from his arms and now came the hardest part. Letting go of him.

When Jeongguk placed Taetae on one of the chairs inside the classroom, Taetae saw a lot of other kids around him. His eyes widened and he grabbed Jeongguk's overcoat tightly from the sides.

"B-Boba, who they?" Taetae asked in a small voice as Jeongguk gulped down his saliva and kneeled in front of Taetae.

"They will be your friends, baby. Don't be scared, okay? They will love you." Jeongguk tried to convince his baby and even himself.

"Laugh Taetae? Taetae no wan. Taetae wan Boba, Jiji, Jinjin, Joo, Yoo an Hobi." Taetae replied, his voice still small and almost vulnerable.

Jeongguk's heart hurt when he heard his baby's voice but he couldn't help it, his hands were tied.

Before Jeongguk could say something, he heard someone's voice from behind. He turned a little and saw a young man, almost in his mid twenties standing there with a big smile on his face.

Jeongguk stood up straight and patted Taetae's head a little who looked towards the desk in front of him with wobbly lips.

The teacher saw Jeongguk and then gave a small understanding smile.

"Sir, I would have to ask you to leave now. The class is about to begin." The teacher said as Jeongguk looked at Taetae's small hands still holding his overcoat sleeves. Jeongguk was never this reluctant about anything in his life like he is today.

The teacher waited patiently as Jeongguk let out a sad sigh and nodded his head. He slowly took his coat out of Taetae's grasp and walked towards the exit.

Just when Taetae didn't feel his Boba's presence near him, he looked up and saw his Boba leaving the room. And suddenly his wobbly lips turned completely downward and the waterworks broke. He started yelling and wailing loudly. He screamed and started shivering again. His cries were so loud that Jeongguk heard it from outside.

Jeongguk's mind told him to stay back whereas his heart told him to run to his Taetae. He was in a dilemma which lasted a minute because in the next minute he was running back inside.

He walked past the teacher who was also walking towards Taetae. He kneels in front of his baby and takes his baby in his arms.

"Your Boba is here. Please don't cry like this baby. If you cry like this even your Boba will start crying. Please baby, stop. You will fall sick like this." Jeongguk tried his best to calm little Taetae down but the little boy kept wailing and thrashing in his hold.

"Nuh-no! B-Boba leaf Taetae.. B-Bwad B-Boba..B-Boba nwo l-laugh Taetae." Taetae kept screaming and wailing as Jeongguk felt the corners of his eyes brimming with tears too.