Chapter 30

Day1:
All the members of the group started the trek from LUKLA to PHADKING, in Nepal. On the first day, the members were going to climb for 8-9 hours travelling 60-65 kilometers of distance. The journey which they started in the morning came to an end by evening at around 4p.m. to 5p.m. or longer. The first level of climbing the camp was sort of easy. The trek expeditions then asked everyone to fix their camps and tents.

Avni was also fixing her camp with the help of her friends, Simran and Rashmi.
They set the camp and then they set a campfire there as the temperature was falling.

Avni was sitting inside camp thinking about Neil

Avni was sitting inside camp thinking about Neil. Rashmi entered rubbing her hands and brought Avni out of her thoughts.

Rashmi: Where are you lost Avni madam?

Avni: Nowhere.

Rashmi: Don't lie. Missing your husband right?

Avni: No not like that.

Rashmi: Ohh really? But your face shows something else.

Avni smiled and looked down.

Rashmi: Just go and call him na. You know right there are specific network facilities available here.

Avni: Actually, I didn't brought my phone as I wanted to enjoy the nature more but I think that I should have brought.

Rashmi: Even I didn't brought it. I took one of the leader's phone.

Avni: Okay then I will also go and talk to him.

Avni rushed out quickly and Rashmi laughs at her.

Rashmi: And she was telling she didn't miss her husband.

Rashmi chuckles. Outside, Avni asked one of the leader for the phone who gave it her.

Avni: I got the phone but Neil's number? I don't have it. Avni you should have learnt it right? Tchh. In childhood I use to remember every number but now because of these mobile phones we don't remember any numbers. Areyyy yaar what is the use of this phone then.

Avni came and was giving the phone to the leader back when she said.

Ashika(trek guide): You finishes your talk so early?

Avni: No actually I didn't remember any number so..

Ashika: Actually we have someone's number from your family like during registration we asked for 2 numbers so maybe it can help.