Chapter 4

Avni was in the kitchen serving the breakfast and Neil was sitting on the dining table working on his phone.
Avni came and kept the breakfast on the table. Neil looks at the dish having his favorite food Aloo Paratha. Neil looks at her who didn't even looked at him and was silently eating her breakfast that is sandwiches. Neil noticed it and thought to ask.

Neil: You are not eating Parathas?

Avni looked at him and then said.

Avni: I don't like Parathas.

Neil looked at her and said.

Neil: But you use to eat Parathas earlier when you made it.

Avni: I never ate Parathas whenever I made them I make something different for myself.

Neil nods and looks in his plate and silently eat it. He doesn't even know his wife's likes or dislikes. Avni finished her sandwiches and went and brought two cups of coffee and gave one to Neil. He drank and then said.

Neil: I...

Avni: You would be late I know no problem. You will have dinner at home or in the office itself with your friends or clients?

Neil looks at her how surprised as to she knows but he doesn't know that the poor soul is now habitual to this all stuff.

Neil: I would have it home. I wanted to ask something. May I?

Avni gets a little hurt because there were a lot of formalities between them though it is a year to their marriage. She knew what is coming on the way to her side from his and nodded slightly.

Neil: Last night, mom called me wishing my anniversary. Like our anniversary. You knew about it then why didn't you told me that earlier. We would have gone for some dinner I mean Mumma papa mom dada would have felt good.

Avni looks at him and thinks.

Avni(in mind): how should I tell you? You never had time for me. Today is the first day you are talking to me so long but now I am done with this. I now just believe to go with the flow. If this is written in my fate then fine.
(to Neil): I also f.. forgot ab.. about it.

Neil looks at her and felt something in his heart and looks at Avni who has all disappointing expressions not even looking him and is all sad but ignoring as usual went to office. Avni looks at his retreating figure.

Avni: Okayy then today's day also has to be spent like other days. But atleast he talked to something other than informing like usual. Today I am happy so I will make some of Neil's special dinner.

Avni then did all important chores and got busy in the preparations of dinner. Soon, the time turns into afternoon, Neil is sitting in his office cabin thinking about the incident in the morning.

Flashback:

1. Neil: You are not eating Parathas?
Avni: I don't like Parathas.

2. Neil: Last night, mom called me wishing my anniversary. You knew about it then why didn't you told me that earlier.
Avni: I also f.. forgot ab.. about it.

3. Neil: I...
Avni: You would be late I know no problem. You will have dinner at home or in the office itself with your friends or clients?

Flashback ends.

Neil(in mind): I don't know why but Avni's face was saying something which I was unable to read.

He snaps out of his thoughts when he heard a knock on the door. He lets the person in. It was Shreya.
_________________________________________

Shreya Advani:
1.Young and beautiful.
2. Age- 23
3. Most importantly positive character.
_________________________________________

Shreya: Neil see this file please.

Neil: Yes.

Shreya: What happened? Where are you lost?

Neil: Nothing. Come sit.

Shreya came and sat on the chair in front of him.

Shreya: So what's bothering you?

Neil: Nothing.

Shreya: Ohh really? Even if I am not a psychiatrist but I can read people's mind seeing their face. It is my talent you know.

Neil: Nothing is like that. Keep this file aside for sometime please I am tired.

Shreya: What is your marital status by the way?

Neil: As if you don't know?

Shreya: yeah I know you are married but I or rather no one in our office saw you with your wife or even saw your wife. Any photo you must be having of her right.

Neil thinks and says.

Neil: No.

Shreya: What no wait.

She takes his phone and opens it showing his face as it was a face lock and opens the gallery.

Neil: Heyy it is wrong to use other's phone without their permission.

Shreya then checks the whole gallery but it had only his, his parents and friends, and family photos, and official photos nothing else.

Shreya: What is this you don't even have a single photo with your wife. How rude and mean!!!

She then opens a family pic where everyone was present his uncle aunt their kids and their wives.

Shreya: Who is she out of this?

Neil then searches for himself as he thought that she must be standing beside him but he was wrong. He saw that his brothers were their beside him with their wives. He then searched her and saw her standing at the last beside Shweta. He zoomed at her and gave his phone to Shreya.

Shreya: Okayy so she is umm....what's her name?

Neil: Avni.

Shreya: Avni Okayy. Wow she is so beautiful. You are very lucky to have this beautiful wife you know.

Neil: I am first time seeing a girl complimenting other girl.

Shreya: Oh really? Them you are mistaken. Girls do compliment other girls fyi.

Neil: Okayy.

Shreya: Btw, you don't look like you don't like photos but why don't you click atleast 1 photo with your wife? As you don't even have atleast 1.

Neil: Sure. Now you go and do your work don't disturb me go.

Shreya then smiles and leaves the cabin.
Neil thinking about Shreya's words and was looking at her pictures. He was feeling some guilt but again ignoring her thoughts he got busy in his work.

.........................................................................

How was the chapter and did you like Shreya? What are your opinions on her ?

Do vote and comment sharing your pov.

Enjoy reading.

Love Love😊