ʎʇɹᴉɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

Beginne am Anfang

Surprisingly, he felt a bit... disappointed.

Oh well, that's just how Pei Hao was when it came to things like this. He was always enthusiastic for a brief moment.

The rain outside seemed to be getting heavier. Mo Xi could hear the sound of raindrops pattering on the ground.

He glanced at the time, and it was still early for him to go to bed as he usually did. Mo Xi put a mint candy in his mouth to refresh himself. He needed to take out his books and study a bit. The final exams were approaching, and whether he could get a scholarship this semester depended on this subject.

He didn't know how long he had been studying when the doorbell suddenly rang.

Mo Xi pressed his ear to the door to confirm that he hadn't misheard.

Who would come knocking at this hour?

Could it be that Mai Ying forgot her keys?

No, that couldn't be it. If she didn't have her keys, she would have called to make sure Mo Xi was home first.

This was getting weird.

Mo Xi hesitated and walked to the door, then opened the peephole to look outside.

Then he froze in place.

Pei Hao was standing at the door, his hair drenched, and rainwater was dripping down his face. He looked quite disheveled.

Mo Xi felt like his thoughts were playing tricks on him. Lately, he had been randomly thinking about Pei Hao, so now he was finally seeing a hallucination.

He shook his head, and the person outside the door was still there. He shook his head again, and the person was still there!

The doorbell continued to ring, sounding urgent. Finally, Mo Xi reached out and opened the door.

Pei Hao was completely soaked. His coat had changed from a light camel color to a dark brown when wet. The road outside Mo Xi's house had been closed due to an accident earlier in the evening, and cars couldn't pass through. Pei Hao had come running in the rain.

Seeing that Mo Xi opened the door, Pei Hao rushed over and hugged him tightly. Mo Xi was only wearing a thin pajama, and he was suddenly hit with a bone-chilling coldness, causing him to shiver. The person next to him, however, held onto him even tighter, as if he wanted to crush Mo Xi's bones and melt them into his marrow.

Time seemed to pause, and the chill in his body gradually faded. The only thing flowing was the ice-cold rainwater on Pei Hao's face, flowing down his skin and into the nape of Mo Xi's neck, sliding down further and finally blending into Mo Xi's clothes.

Pei Hao buried his head in Mo Xi's shoulder. Mo Xi turned his head slightly and took a sniff, detecting a faint scent of orange-scented shampoo. Then, he raised his hand and touched the wet clothes that were soaked enough to wring out water. He confirmed it – it was undoubtedly the real Pei Hao!