ǝuᴉu ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

Start from the beginning

However, Pei Hao was constantly challenging his understanding. Over two years had passed, and he was still getting drunk for Mo Xi.

To be honest, considering Pei Hao's overall qualities, if he wanted to find someone decent to alleviate his loneliness, he wouldn't have any problems. However, after breaking up with Mo Xi for so many years, Egg Brother hadn't seen Pei Hao getting close to anyone.

Thinking about this, he realized that Pei Hao was an outright romantic.

"He came back for a while and stayed at my place for a few days," Pei Hao held the cigarette with his fingers and stared at the distant gray-black sky. His eyes lacked focus. "But as soon as he got back, he had a date with someone else."

"Wait a minute," Egg Brother's thoughts were in chaos; the information seemed too big. "He stayed at your place for a few days?"

"Yeah," Pei Hao lowered his head and spit out a mouthful of smoke. "His sister had something going on."

"Did anything happen between you two?" Egg Brother squinted at him.

"Nothing..." Pei Hao wanted to deny it right away, but when he thought back to all the things that had happened in the past two weeks, his words suddenly got stuck in his throat. Could he really say that they hadn't had anything?

Hadn't they done anything?

He had been rushed to the hospital and stitched up by Xiao Xi after getting cut with a knife,

He had been kissed by Chen Xu while drunk, and Xiao Xi had packed up to leave angrily,

He had slept with Xiao Xi in his arms all night and softly whispered his love in his ear,

...

The cold wind swept over the river, making the withered branches by the roadside rustle and the howling wind pass by his ears. Pei Hao was blown clear-headed, and suddenly, his mind was unusually clear.

He took out his phone, retrieved the chat history with Xiao Xi, and read it over and over again. His gaze finally stopped at the sentence "A friend wants to set me up with someone, so I'll meet them (crying laughing.jpg)."

A friend set them up, which means he wasn't the one initiating it? And what does that crying-laughing expression mean?

Maybe he had been traumatized by the rejections over the past two years. As soon as he heard that Xiao Xi was going on a date with someone else, Pei Hao panicked. For the past few days, he had been consumed by the fear of losing Xiao Xi, endlessly self-denying and conveniently overlooking many details.

They had breakfast together on clear mornings, hugged in the bustling hospital corridors, and slept until dawn on a soft, warm bed.

These gentle, delicate moments filled this otherwise dull late autumn. It was like a faintly spread-out watercolor painting, the brushstrokes eternally capturing the moment.