Chapter 40

Silas' POV

I can hear that someone's arguing down the stairs, and I can see that one of my mates isn't in the bed anymore, so I want to check if he's in trouble.

To be honest, I don't really recognise which one of them is which while they're asleep, they look too much alike, so I have no idea which one's missing, although I think that it's Roy.

"I said no." Denver says harshly, when I reach the stairs.

"But why?" Roy asks with a whine.

"Because I don't want you taking care for he kids right now. You're still not feeling well, so I want you to rest until you will heal." Denver says.

I already know that they're arguing about the fact that Roy wants to go back to babysitting the kids in the pack house.

He was arguing with Denver and Joseph about that for about a week now, and it seems that he's going nowhere with it.

"I will be careful, and I will come back to the house when I won't feel well." Roy tries to convince him, but I know that he won't be able to do it.

Denver, Joseph, Ray, Rey and I have been talking about it for hours after Roy said that he wants to babysit again, and all of us agreed that it's not a good idea at the moment.

I know that Roy's not happy with that, but he's still sick, and it will be too dangerous for him to take care of any kids.

"Roy, I said no." Denver tells him, and I stop at the doorway of the living room to look at them.

Roy doesn't seem to notice me, and he keeps standing in front of Denver who's sitting on the couch, clearly not impressed with the high advantage that Roy has at the moment.

My mate holds his fists to himself, although I'm sure that if he wasn't an Omega, they would have been hitting Denver already.

Or at least trying to do that, because I doubt that he will actually manage to hit Denver.

There's very little that a normal werewolf can do to an Alpha.

"Roy." I say, gaining his attention.

He turns his head to look at me, although the angry expression stays in his face.

"Can you tell him to let me go to the pack house, so I can play with some kids?" Roy asks me hopefully.

He doesn't know that anyone other then Denver and Joseph had a part in making a decision about not allowing him to do that, and I hope that it will stay that way, even though I feel bad for making Denver and Joseph take the fault on them.

"It's not a good idea." I tell him, and he groans, before he tries to go out of the living room, but I stop him, and he doesn't manage to push past me.

"You will have two kids to take care of in a few months." I tell him, and he just rolls his eyes, before he goes up the stairs.

I just sigh in annoyance, before I greet Denver with a nod, then I go after my mate.