Chapter 26

Rey's POV

I run around the house, hoping that I will be able to get some energy out of me.

I have no idea why, but I literally can sit in one place for mores that a few minutes today, which definitely isn't like me.

I have to stop when dad comes over to me, with a slightly angry look on his face.

I wait for him to come closer to me, wondering what I have done this time.

I can remember anything that could have made him angry or annoyed at me, so I have no idea what he wants from me.

"What have I done?" I ask him curiously.

"You shouldn't be here alone, especially not if you're pregnant." Dad tells me, and I can see that papa is coming here too.

"Silas is inside with Rey and the door is open, so he will know if somethings will be wrong." I tell him, gesturing towards the door that leads to the living room, where Silas and Rey are sitting on the couch, now looking at us.

"That doesn't matter, Silas isn't strong enough to fight with someone yet, especially if he will have to defend Ray too." He tells me, and I try to respond, but papa speaks before I can.

"Leave him Denver, let him run if he wants." Papa says, and then he drags dad away from me, with an apologetic look on his face.

I frown and I can see that Rey and Silas are laughing slightly, so I decided to go towards them, because I don't feel like running anymore, although I'm pretty sure that I will have to come back here soon.

"What did he want?" Silas asks me when I sit next to him.

"Nothing important, he just wanted to tell me that I should be outside without anyone who can protect me." I say with a shrug, and then I cuddle to Silas.

Ray laughs slightly, before he stands up and he gestures for us to do the same, then he leads us out of the house.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, and he just shrugs.

"I'm not sure, I just wanted to go on a walk." Hey says, so I nod and then we stay silent for a while, before Silas starts a conversation about something that I don't really have much to say about, although Ray seems happy with entertaining him.

We walk for a while longer, and soon I realise that were nearing the path that leads to the pack house, so I guess that we can visit Carter, Timmy and Mason, before we will go back.

Although before we can reach their house, I can hear that Silas whines in pain.

I look at him, and I quickly notice that he stepped on a knife.

I have no idea what a knife is doing in the middle of the woods or how Silas managed to stand on it, but I can clearly see that it went right through his leg.