There were only a few scratches that I could feel across the rest of my body and none of them really bothered me too much, I could only imagine how Elazar must feel. Worry tugged at my heart at the mere thought and I pulled away from el even more. I felt Elazar's hesitancy to let me go but he didn't resist very much. His entire body must be aching from all the cuts he obtained. 

"Elazar, Are you hurt?" something splashed in the water beside us making me jump a little before I realized it was probably his tail. 

"Do not worry for me, I am strong." he spoke reassuringly but that wasn't exactly the answer I was wanting. Sighing I moved to stand up carefully, holding my arms out on either side of me to stay balanced. Navigating in the dark was gonna be a pain in the ass. 

"El where are my clothes and bag?" a slight shuffling noise ensued before I felt the slightest brush of wet fabric against my arm. I grabbed what I assumed was my shirt and shorts that was sopping wet. "dammit." 

I turned away and wrung out the excess water from my clothes that were twice as cold as the bitter air around us. I then reached back for my bag blindly until Elazar held it out for me. "thanks."

Shifting my hand through the bag I was disappointed but not surprised to find everything inside was soaked as well. Stuffing my clothes in the bag I set the strap over my shoulder and looked towards the glowing mushrooms further back in the cave. 

I am not looking forward to blindly navigating this place. "Ok, let's try to find our way out of here." Taking a deep breath. I took a few careful steps forward only to suddenly feel myself falling as my food slipped on wet rock. "fuck!" My fall was halted by a pair of familiar strong arms before I hit the ground.

"you are unable to see…" El spoke up beside me as I used his arm to stabilize myself once more. 

"Yeah, humans don't get fancy night vision like other animals." Elazar was silent for a moment, thinking to himself.

"I will carry you." I swung my head to the side to look at him but could see nothing.

"You must be joking." 

"what is gockeeng?" 

I nearly facepalmed. "Elazar you just nearly got eaten by a carnivorous plant you can't carry me through the caves after having your body practically torn to shreds." not to mention im practically naked…

A low rumble sounded from him akin to a frustrated grunt as I crossed my arms over my chest to ward off some of the cold. "You speak too fast. Too many strange words." 

I rolled my eyes only to realize the action was practically pointless in the dark. "What I'm saying is you. are. hurt. You no carry me, through cave!" God, I sound like a caveman.

There was an irritated huff and before I knew what was happening Elazar grabbed me, placing one arm behind my back and the other under my legs before hauling me up. shrieking, I grabbed onto his shoulders as I felt him moving forward. 

"Elazar put me down!" 

He only grunted. "No…"

"Listen here you big moron! You set me down right now or else! You don't need to be carrying me while you're covered in bloody cuts and who knows what other injuries!" 

"Hmph, stutus female." he muttered under his breath. 

"Hey! Don't ignore me! I'm serious!" I reached up, grabbing onto his left horn and tugging down ever so slightly. 

Elazar's breath hitched and I felt him stumble slightly, as he nearly dropped me right then and there. He removed his arm out from under my legs letting my feet touch the ground but then pushed me back and pinned me up against the wall of the cave holding both my arms in his hands. 

Rise of The Fallen (unedited Version) (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें