chapter 61

A/N: Hi, Amores. Thank you again for the get well soon messages and comments. I appreciate it. To be honest, i wanted to put this story on hold because i am not in shape to write. But i changed my mind. I will quickly finished this one. After this story, i will start uploading TB & TP series 7 because i already finished writing many chapters of it so that i could get to have a break from writing. If you're wondering why i am still pushing to update even though I'm sick, that's because it's my obligation(contract) not to mention that i dont want to leave you guys hanging. Anyway, i hope you will still read this story until its ending. Thank you.

°- - - - -─── ─── - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 61

WITH slow steps, Chloe headed towards the balcony and to her surprise, she saw Cross who seemed to be having a serious conversation with Paige. Her heart felt like it broke into tiny pieces. She didn't expect that she would actually see them together, far from other people at that.

Even though they weren't doing something inappropriate, just seeing them together sent a bitter taste in her mouth.

She was about to turn around and run away without confronting Cross when Paige suddenly closed the gap between them, obviously wanted to kiss him.

Chloe quickly looked at the other direction because she didn't want to witness them kissing. She bit her lower lip as the pain in her intensified even more. Why didn't she consider the fact that Paige would surely be here before she decided to come?

"Stop, Paige. Stop all this at once and learn to love yourself. I already told you multiple times that I can't give you what you want. It's impossible. I'm not the man for you and I hope you can realize that the sooner, the better. I am not who you think I am." She opened her eyes and looked at them.

Cross was holding Paige's shoulders firmly and his face held no emotions. Chloe unknowingly sighed in relief knowing that Cross didn't let Paige kiss him.

Paige broke into tears and slapped Cross in the face.

"Damn you, Cross! I will never forget what you've done to me! I swear that I will make you pay for playing with my feelings for years!" Her voice was menacing, threatening and full of bitterness, but Cross didn't even bat an eye.

"Just like I've told you before, Paige. You should hate and never forgive me for what you think that I've done. That's the right thing for you to do because no matter what you do, there's only one woman in my heart and that's Chloe. Even if I need to wait for her for years, I will do it because that's how much I love her." Chloe's heart jumped upon hearing what Cross had said. She couldn't deny the happiness that swelled within her heart and she suddenly became emotional.

Yes, things between him and Cross were still complicated but whenever she hears his declaration of love for her, the anger and resentment in her heart was slowly melting until there was nothing but pure and unconditional love.

Even though she couldn't see Paige's face, she could tell that she was hurt judging by the way her shoulders slumped down as if she lost every strength she had in her body.

She thought, she was going to get mad and slap Cross again but to her surprise, Paige turned her back on him and was about to walk out of there when she saw her looking at their direction.

Even Cross looked shocked when he spotted her standing over there, watching them.

"Cariño..." He uttered in disbelief. She looked back at Paige and she almost gasped upon seeing the rage on her face. Chloe thought that she would bark at her or worst, hit her too but she was surprised when she just walked past her and left.