chapter 3

Hi, Amores! I'm back from my vacation so it's update time. Hope you like this chapter. Enjoy reading. :)

°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 3

PRESENT

WHEN Chloe finally gathered herself together, all the emotions on her face disappeared while staring at him coldly.

"Whoever you are, get out of my sight before I call the guards and ask them to drag you out of here at once!" He blinked upon hearing what she said then his lips parted as if he wanted to say something but muttered something else instead.

"I'm sorry. I thought, no one was here." He then closed the door. She quickly got dressed. Her chest was pounding and didn't know what to do. Oh, God! This is not happening! Why is he here?!

She swallowed hard and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She actually looked pale, obviously nervous of the thought that the guy whom she slept with three years ago would suddenly appear.

Three years ago was the darkest time of her life but thankfully, she already moved on. But now, a guy from that particular time suddenly appeared and she didn't what to do.

"No, Chloe. You're not the one who would get nervous of his presence. He was the one who played you." Upon remembering what happened that night, her teeth clenched and every ounce of nervousness and panic disappeared.

With her chin held high, she went out of the restroom and found him standing in the middle of her office, evidently waiting for her. Their gazes locked.

"Chloe..." The way he uttered her name sent her delicious shivers down her spine. But she didn't entertain it.

"I don't recall having an appointment with anyone at this hour so you should leave." She noticed his thick eyebrows knit quizzically.

"I am here to clean this office. I am the temporary replacement of Albert as a Janitor here." Chloe's jaw dropped and that was the only time she noticed his cleaning stuff.

"What the f—Janitor?!"

"Yes. Why? Is it that surprising that the bartender you met three years ago would end up as a janitor here in your workplace?"

"Ye—I don't know what you're talking about. I don't recall meeting you before." His eyebrows creased while gazing at her in disbelief.

"What? You don't recall when we—"

"—I don't want to hear it. If you're the temporary replacement of Albert, then you should proceed on doing what you came here for. I don't have time to talk about nonsense." He was stunned, Chloe noticed that. But when her words sank into him, his jaw tightened as his face became void of any emotion.

"Of course, Miss." His voice seemed so distant and cold but she ignored him and sat on her swivel chair. She tried her best to concentrate on her work but she found herself glancing furtively at him as he vacuumed the floor. What the heck happened to him? How come he ended up being the janitor here?

There were many questions circulating in her head but she didn't bother trying to hear the answers from him. What for? What happened to them was nothing but a one-night stand and she'd already forgotten about it.