chapter 16

𝓗𝓸𝔀'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓼𝓸 𝓯𝓪𝓻, 𝓐𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓼?

I would appreciate it if you SHARE or RECOMMEND this story, Amores. Thank you in advance. 

50 comments for the next update. :)

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 16

CHLOE didn't know how long Cross was walking because she dozed off. She didn't bother arguing with him about putting her down and let her walk on her own because he wouldn't allow it for sure. Because she still felt weak, she allowed herself to take a nap in his arms.

She groaned when she felt something touching her cheek.

"Wake up, my sleeping beauty." Damn. That manly and sexy voice was music to her ears but she still wanted to sleep more but it seemed that she couldn't do that because that voice continued on talking.

"Maybe, you need a kiss of the prince for you to wake up, huh? Fine. I'll give it to you." That awakened her senses and fluttered her eyes open. The handsome face of Cross came to view and he was grinning.

"What a pity. I thought, you needed a kiss so that you would wake up. I would've gladly give it to you." She sneered at him.

"Perv."

His laugh echoed in the surrounding. "Hey, I'm not. I just wanted to help you wake up." She leered at him again before looking around them.

That was when she finally noticed that they were inside of a room.

"Where are we? Whose room is this?"

"This place is just near the Cupid's falls. You should probably take a warm bath before you get sick. You're drenched and it's not good if you stayed like that for a long time. Thankfully, it's summer." He didn't even answer her questions.

"Well, if it's winter, I'm sure that I'm not that crazy to dive into the water."

He smirked. "Oh, but you didn't dive in. You fell into the water because of how clumsy you were."

"Excuse me! I'm not clumsy! I fell because I wanted to get away from you!"

"But you didn't get away from me. Because of what you did, you almost died. Don't ever do that again. I'm not taking your right to do what you think is best right for you but you should always make sure to be careful. I don't like seeing you get hurt in anyway." He suddenly looked serious and hearing those words from him made her heart flutter that she couldn't respond right away.

"Can you even think about your surroundings in those kinds of situations?" She mumbled to herself after pulling herself together but he still heard it.

"It's hard to but you should. You don't know how scared I was when I saw you fell into the water like that and pulled by the strong current of the water. Fùck. Thank God, I was fast enough. I thought, we were going to die but luckily, I managed to get us both into safety." Just like a while ago, she could see the fear that passed through his eyes while saying that and her heartbeat went wild once again.

"You almost got drowned too because of saving me? Why would you go to such extent? Because of what you did, you put yourself in danger."

"And what did you expect me to do? Just stand there and watch you get drown? There's no fùcking way that I would do that!"