chapter 37

A/N: Hi, Amores! Sorry, this chapter is a little bit short because I had to cut it in half. It's too long for me to upload it as a whole. Anyway, i hope you like this chapter. 

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 37

CHLOE opened her eyes just to be surprised when she saw a very familiar room. She closed her eyes and then opened them once again, making sure that she wasn't just dreaming. But when nothing has changed. She really was in the cabin that she and Cross stayed in for a couple of days in Cupid's Island.

She didn't expect Cross to bring her back here. She thought, they would be heading somewhere else because he didn't give her any clue.

After they left the party last night, she was surprised when he brought her to Larsen Corp., Tennessee.

"We're here." Chloe looked at Cross with furrowed eyebrows when she got out of the car and saw that they were actually in the outdoor parking of Larsen Corp.

"Why are we here?"

He smiled at her boyishly. "You'll see." He took her hand. "Let's go?"

"Aren't you going to answer my question first?" She asked with a cocked-up eyebrow and he chuckled.

"Don't worry, cariño. I'm not going to kidnap you...yet." Her eyes went wide.

"Yet? So, you really have a plan of kidnapping me?" An amused laugh erupted from his lips before he drew his face closer to hers and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"Well, I can say that I just kidnapped you from your parents tonight. Don't worry because I'm a good captor. I'll make it worth your while." He then winked at her before guiding her to the entrance of the building.

The guard greeted them and without any question, he opened the door for them. She thought, everyone at Larsen Corp., whether in Tennessee or Tallahassee including the whole world, were clueless just like her, about the fact that Cross was a Larsen too but it seemed that that wasn't the case.

"I didn't know that there's still security guard here even at night. Is it the same at Larsen Corp., Tallahassee?" She commented as they walked towards the elevator.

She already came to this Larsen Corp. branch a lot of times before but It was her first time coming at this time of night and it felt weird and creepy at the same time because it was deserted.

"Yes. It's the same in any building owned by the Larsen Corp. There are a few of them guarding this place at night, actually." He pressed the elevator button and the door opened. While they were inside, she noticed him pressing the RT button. Normally, only the authorized people could enter there.

She bit her bottom lip. She was with Cross but she felt like she was with a different version of him because the Cross she knew was the one who does all the work and complies to commands but this new version of Cross that she was with speaks with an authority and everyone around him follow his commands.

She glanced at his men behind them who were quietly standing there but at the same time, their attention was focused on every possible danger that could occur any moment.