chapter 35

A/N: Hi, Amores! I'm back from my short vacation in Rome, Italy and that means I'm back to writing again. Sorry for the wait. Get ready because this chapter will reveal an important detail about Cross. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter! Enjoy reading. :)

50 comments for the next update. :)

°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 35

"ARE you sure about this? I thought, you would leave after you finish your mission?" Cross stared at the man in front of him with a blank expression on his face. He just arrived in Tennessee and went directly to his house.

"Yes, uncle. That was the plan and I will stick to my word. I am already halfway finish but not completely done yet so technically, I won't leave yet. Besides, things became pretty interesting unexpectedly and I want to stick around to see what happens next." His uncle, shook his head.

"We both know that you're not just going to watch it unfold because you're the one who's manipulating behind the strings. I'm just worried about the fire that you're playing. You might get burned. This is not what we agreed for."

"I didn't plan this either, uncle, but I've been blessed of the opportunity so why wouldn't I do it? I mean, this is nothing compared to what happened to me." Cross then took a sip on his brandy.

"And that's the thing that I'm worried about the most. Even if you never said anything about it, I know that deep inside of you, you're in rage. Now that you're seeing an opportunity, I'm worried that you won't be able to control yourself and explode. People who are resentful often forget about what's right or wrong until they lose their way. I don't want that to happen to you." Cross chuckled.

"Relax, uncle. Even though I might lose my way, I have a light that will surely lead me back to the right path. I'm sure of that. I won't get lost in the dark. Not this time."

His uncle shook his head, still worried. "I hope so, Cross. I hope so." He then opened the enveloped that he handed to him a while ago, took the content out and read it.

"You're right. The mission is not finished yet. Someone is still lurking in the shadows, ready to strike when they see any opportunity."

"I already have a theory of what's happening behind closed doors but we need more evidence. I think, they already have any idea that we're watching them closely so we must be careful, uncle." His uncle heaved a sigh.

"You're right, Cross. This person knows how to be careful so we should too." He then put back the papers inside the envelope and then looked back at him full of seriousness as if he wanted to say something but having second thoughts of voicing it out.

"Out with it, uncle. Don't just stare at me like that." The corner of his uncle's lips twitched as a soft chuckled escaped his lips.

"You really know me."

"Of course, I know you. You've become more of a father to me than him." His face turned serious once more.

"So, did you talk to him? Today's his..."

"I did. We actually came here to Tennessee together." He was undeniably surprised of the news.

"Really? That was unexpected."

Cross shrugged his shoulders. "He went to Tallahassee to pick me up." His uncle didn't react and remained staring at him.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that, uncle?"