chapter 56

Get ready for the twist!!! Happy reading. :)

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

♡✩°- - - - -─── ─── - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 56

WITH widened eyes, Cross looked at the pictures, stunned. His heart was beating faster than normal and he didn't know how to feel or react. He read the information that was written there and he got confused as hell.

The woman in the pictures looked exactly the same as Ms. Dawson and Miguel, her son, looked exactly the same as him even though they had different haircuts.

"How come Miguel looks like me? What's really happening here?" He asked Ms. Dawson full of confusion.

"I told you. Miguel was your twin brother." She took a deep breath, stood up from sitting in the couch and then faced the glass wall, looking at the city view. "Listen to me carefully, Cross. Claudia, your biological mother, was my twin sister. We were identical and so were you and Miguel."

With slightly trembling hands, Cross looked at the pictures of Claudia and Miguel again, his supposed family. He couldn't believe what was happening. He felt like everything was just a dream.

He and Miguel really looked alike and so was she and Claudia. Mixed emotions surged within him and a lot of questions started circulating his head.

"B-But—How come? I grew up at an orphanage." Was all that came out of his mouth. Ms. Dawson turned around and faced him. This time, her face was full of emotions as she gazed at him.

"Just like I've said before, everyone of us weren't aware of your existence. I don't know how did it happen but the other day, I suddenly remembered about that certain time when Claudia went to her OB-GYN and had her first sonogram. I accompanied her.

"The doctor said that she would be having twins and we were over the moon knowing that there were two of you in her tummy. But that joy was cut in half during her next visit because the doctor suddenly said that she made a mistake. There was only one. Not twins.

"Even though we were disappointed, we were still happy. When she gave birth, I wasn't with her because I attended a seminar in L.A. I was just a normal employee back then and was still new in the company so it was difficult for me.

"Even though I wanted to be there with her, my boss didn't allow me to leave earlier than planned so I had to wait two days after that before I could go back home and see her. I went straight to the hospital and expected to see her full of happiness but it was the opposite.

"She was crying, hysterical even, while begging me to help her look for her other baby. At first, I was very confused because we knew that she would be having one baby only and not twins. When I asked her what she was talking about, she said that she couldn't be mistaken that she gave birth to twins.

"Even though she was only half confused back then, apparently, she saw it clearly. When I asked the staff if that was true, they said that Claudia had only given birth to one boy and that was Miguel. They also said that maybe, she was just hallucinating back then because of the general anesthesia.

"I didn't know what to do back then because Claudia couldn't accept that and kept on claiming that she gave birth with twins. I tried doing everything I could to gather some information but since I didn't have enough money nor power to do something, my efforts grew no fruit. Until we left the hospital, there was no information about it.